Sponsored

Uconnect screen freaking out

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 GC Limited with a Hemi
Fiat/Chrysler has had software issues with those displays for years. My wife's '14 GC had issues going back to when bought in 2013. Many software up dates later it looks like the 2017 software update finally got it working right. I'm sure the JL's problems will get sorted in good time.
Sponsored

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
I just received this information from Jeep (this guy sounded like he knew what is was talking about) he said people with this issues should call 800-992-1997 and report the problem. He said this is a known issues with 2018 vehicles and the more people who report it the faster they can fix it. But this sucks, get a new Jeep and I can’t use the Uconnect system.

Don’t shot the messenger, I’m just posting what I was told ;)

Jtiffany78

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon ~ White
Occupation
AF Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone confirm if this is the cause of the delay in delivering them to the dealerships?

I was out browsing and there are very few JL’s on the lots, even though they show up on dealers websites. They all said they’re still in transit except one.
He said there was some kind of computer/electronics issue and that instead of doing a recall they were going to stop delivery until they resolve the issue.

Newbiejeeperjl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited JL
This would make sense. If they don’t deliver the Jeep you can’t complain and cause a recall. That would slow sales And more importantly affect the stock price.

Always look at the bottom line and go up from there!

Sponsored

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, Firecracker Red
I just called
800-992-1997 and they said there will be an update tomorrow (2/12). Im holding my breath

I called UConnect directly and they said it was a systemic problem that is being resolved with no ETA yet. They said an email would be sent once it's resolved and that they were not told what the cause was.

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
I called UConnect directly and they said it was a systemic problem that is being resolved with no ETA yet. They said an email would be sent once it's resolved and that they were not told what the cause was.
I had originally called uConnect and they connected me to Jeep for more information, seems like when they don't have an answer they just pass you around to different departments

Depending on who you speak to you will get different answers. I was told it would be fixed, yesterday, today, they will email me, they will call me, we won't be contacting people when this is resolved so keep trying it till it works, we are not sure of the ETA. Yes, I spoke to alot of different people, it a satellite issue, this can effect all 2018 with Uconnect....

The only thing that was consistent is "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't disagree, I'm just quoting what I was told. The dealer hadn't heard of this issue and I'm trying to find some way to get this working, it's the weekend and it's hard to get any support on this
i was told the same by Uconnect, and that a fix was coming.

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on who you speak to you will get different answers. I was told it would be fixed, yesterday, today, they will email me, they will call me, we won't be contacting people when this is resolved so keep trying it till it works, we are not sure of the ETA. Yes, I spoke to alot of different people, it a satellite issue, this can effect all 2018 with Uconnect....

The only thing that was consistent is "We know there is a problem and we are working on it"
did you contact your dealer too?

Sponsored

docjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just called
800-992-1997 and they said there will be an update tomorrow (2/12). Im holding my breath
I called the same number this morning. They said it was due to an update and only affected certain 2018 models with the "new" Panasonic radio. They said another update will be sent out to fix it, supposedly.

Intc

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
I called the same number this morning. They said it was due to an update and only affected certain 2018 models with the "new" Panasonic radio. They said another update will be sent out to fix it, supposedly.

Intc

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU RUBICON
This started on my 2 day old jlu friday. Worked great thirsday and friday am.

After looking through the various sources the concensus is what everyone is saying. A Friday Satellite failed update on 8.4 uconnect units. Woman at uconnect told me this. Now because of this forum and the great people posting all their experiences with different responses or being told fofferent things, im skeptical.

My gut tells me this is going to be a while but hopefully not. While apple fixes glitches in a day or 2, not so sure about this crew.

Also not sure its a software issue. I know this continued link will keep fica on their tows but i have 20 people that want a rubi and i will tell them all to wait until this is resolved.