First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
My 2020 is pretty awful after 2 years (took delivery in September 2019). I'm hoping to get it replaced under warranty next week when I have my service appointment for it. I'm at just over 2 years and 32k miles. Anyone get any flak for replacement under warranty or should it be pretty cut and dry with the dealer?

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect 8.4 Screen Delamination tempImageTvOcgl

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
My 2020 is pretty awful after 2 years (took delivery in September 2019). I'm hoping to get it replaced under warranty next week when I have my service appointment for it. I'm at just over 2 years and 32k miles. Anyone get any flak for replacement under warranty or should it be pretty cut and dry with the dealer?

ashtonjarrett

First Name
Ashton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Engineer
It's a piece of cake Jeep knows all about it.
Awesome that's great to hear!

To anyone that has had it replaced. Anything worth looking out for that's stored on the headunit settings wise besides general EQ and settings made in the headunit? I programmed my gear ratio and and tire size via the AEV infotainment setup with the pro cal snap for example, but I doubt anything lives on the headunit after setting those values for the ECU.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack

Unfortunately, unless your dealership is phenomenally awesome, they won't cover this under warranty. It'll be considered wear and tear.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Unfortunately, unless your dealership is phenomenally awesome, they won't cover this under warranty. It'll be considered wear and tear.
The dealer must think their customers are a special kind of stupid to believe wear and tear is relevant on an electronic unit with no moving parts?!? Also, it is not the dealers decision but rather Stellantis’ warranty claim department.

De-lamination starts at the top left corner, no one touches that part of the screen in any case.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use the alcohol 99% clean the anti glare off the screen ,good as new, call it a day if all else fails
Sorry but no amount of alcohol rubbing will fix the problem. Alcohol will not magically dissolve the layer that are delaminating from the screen.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It was a Stellantis decision on mine. My dealership advocated for me, but Stellantis first denied it. My 3/36 warranty had ended. I have the lifetime warranty with $200 deductible that would have covered it but I argued that this was a known issue and that it started before the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. I also got help from @JeepCares. In the end, @JeepCares made the difference.

So I would recommend getting their help with this.

Mine also started in the upper left corner.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer
Sorry but no amount of alcohol rubbing will fix the problem. Alcohol will not magically dissolve the layer that are delaminating from the screen.
it took the anti glare layer off with no issue , sorry if you have problems removing it, but as i said u need 90% or higher and u need to rub - it does work , i have done it plenty of times before the jeep i will get photos of the screen all clean if youd like ? this also works for laptop screens and some tablets

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it took the anti glare layer off with no issue , sorry if you have problems removing it, but as i said u need 90% or higher and u need to rub - it does work , i have done it plenty of times before the jeep i will get photos of the screen all clean if youd like ? this also works for laptop screens and some tablets
Do you just pull the lose delaminated glare cover off with your fingers? I will appreciate some pictures.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The dealer must think their customers are a special kind of stupid to believe wear and tear is relevant on an electronic unit with no moving parts?!? Also, it is not the dealers decision but rather Stellantis’ warranty claim department.

De-lamination starts at the top left corner, no one touches that part of the screen in any case.
It was a Stellantis decision on mine. My dealership advocated for me, but Stellantis first denied it. My 3/36 warranty had ended. I have the lifetime warranty with $200 deductible that would have covered it but I argued that this was a known issue and that it started before the end of the bumper to bumper warranty. I also got help from @JeepCares. In the end, @JeepCares made the difference.

So I would recommend getting their help with this.

Mine also started in the upper left corner.
The user I'm replying to doesn't have screen delamination, though. This is the oleophobic coating coming off the screen, which typically occurs when using chemicals to clean the display. It isn't considered a defect and virtually no dealership will consider it a warranty item.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The user I'm replying to doesn't have screen delamination, though. This is the oleophobic coating coming off the screen, which typically occurs when using chemicals to clean the display. It isn't considered a defect and virtually no dealership will consider it a warranty item.
I disagree.

1. If cleaning material is the cause then all of us would have more screens than just the Uconnect screen with this problem.
2. Why do all the screens start to delaminate at the same spot?

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I disagree.

1. If cleaning material is the cause then all of us would have more screens than just the Uconnect screen with this problem.
2. Why do all the screens start to delaminate at the same spot?

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Mine did it in the lower left hand corner
Sponsored