me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
You should take your jeep to a Line-X location and just have them spray the inside of your trunk. It will fit perfectly and you will have exactly what you want - no gaps and full coverage. Maybe lay down some wax paper first so after the Line-X has dried it would be removeable.
Or maybe you should try the DIY rubber stuff they guy on the ad uses on a screen door to seal the bottom of his boat. Just roll it on over your carpet and up the sides.
You seem to want CHEAP, FAST, and PERFECTION. These three things can never be all-in-one - you only ever get two of the three. Take a chill pill, have a beer, and do it yourself if you think you can do better than what you are only willing to spend $100 on.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
This thread is just making me mad. Everyone on here is like this is outrageous. $100 for a piece of rubber or plastic if you can make a cheap Mat out of plastic for much cheaper, Then go do it. You are failing to take into account that it costs money to have somebody go to thousands of different vehicle models and take measurements on how to mold that plastic into the correct shap. It cost a lot of money to then get a master mold made of metal so that plastic mat will get the proper shape. It cost a lot of money to now have literally thousands of molds for every different vehicle model and variation. You’re literally getting mad at companies for spending thousands of dollars to get one mold all said and done and not sell that mat for 5 bucks.
No I get it, you get what you pay for (for the most part) and you're right quality products are worth a lot more than amazon junk. I was in a sour mood last night and I have had experiences with products that have not fit/worked as advertised. I did notice later that the closure panel was the big issue, not the cheap mat.

Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Check husky liners, wife got one for her 21 Freedom Edition. Call then first and they will help you get exactly what you need.
I have the Husky in my JLUR it fits perfect with the sub woofer .

There’sOnlyOne

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Rugged Ridge one is what you're describing you want. It has the high lip ALL the way around and won't let any liquid out. Unless you cut holes in it to use the factory tie down loops.

WeatherTech is nice but the tailgate lip is FLAT and will allow liquid to run out. It's designed like that for easier load/unload.

Tailgate covers area at end opening. No one makes a liner that fits under that and if they did it would be similar to WT and not be able to hold liquids.

I went through similar dilemma as you looking for a liner that had no holes and tall sides all the way around. Rugged Ridge was the only one that fit this criteria. $100 on Amazon.

'21 JLUR with sub and cloth seats so no floor divider just an open hole when seats are down.

morph860

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe, 2024 Grand Cherokee 4xe
+1 for the Quadratec mat. I have their Ultimate All Weather version. Fits good, easy to clean. There are cutouts on it that you can use if you still want access to the anchor hooks below.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Carpet in jeeps is dumb. After a few miles and years most owners will realize.

Sponsored

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I just like the way you talked to the guy right off the bat. I feel like talking to people like that from the get go is the way to get anything you want..... I'm surprised when you addressed him like that he didn't just offer you 100 free Jeeps!

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I was able to pick up a full set of NIB Rugged Ridge for stupid cheap some time ago. They were folded to fit into the box, but once they settled they fit pretty much perfectly. Here are some pictures. It sits a little high in my jeep because I have the (fairly useless) trail rail system and the tie down blocks are wider than the square impressions in the mat. If you lack (or remove) those I think it might suit your needs.

20230418_191417.jpg
20230418_191409.jpg
I have the Rugged Ridge cargo mat and it fits perfectly as posted here, except I have the one for the 2door rear with seat out.

When I ordered my 2022 JLR in oct. 2021 it was when the OEM rubber mats were still unavailable (they said covid was the reason). I had a set on backorder from Mopar for a few months but canceled that because the Rugged Ridge mats I ordered as a stop-gap were so completely acceptable (and a fraction of the cost). The RR front mats and big cargo mat were good enough that I ordered the Rugged Ridge small cargo mat (for when my kids are in town and the back seat is installed) and the back seat mats--yes they make rear footwell mats for the 2door.

On my TJ I had a set of Jeep's own OEM deep lugged rubber mats and they lasted the full 22 years I drove that TJ (from new) and still going strong for the new owner. When I saw that the new style JL/JLU OEM Jeep rubber mats don't have that deep lugged shape, I didn't like that at all compared to my TJ mats which were heavy but the deep lugged design captures and holds the ice melting off your boots (and the mud), holding it between the mat's lugs until you pull them out and hose them off.

The deep lugged design of the Rugged Ridge work exactly the same way. They are lighter and plastic, but I've found them to be plenty tough and long-wearing so the lightweight is just a plus.

I considered the heavy rubber WeatherTech mats because I have several thing from WeatherTech I think are top quality and wouldn't be without. But, like the OEM mats, the WeatherTech mats don't have a deep lug design which was my main requirement.

At the Rugged Ridge cost, I can also think of these mats as consumables/wear items, and replace them if/when they wear.

Last edited:

Mike M

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FX35, Smart Car, 23 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Retired
I just ordered the "tru-fit" rear cargo mat for my 2 door. Hopefully it fits.....the quadratec "ultimate" mat with cool tire treads is back ordered for weeks.......
Let me know how it fits, I've been looking also.

Smoke Showing

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I did full rugged ridge mats. Front and rear passenger are great. Fit for cargo area is so so. Slides around easily but does hold a shit ton of water keeping storage and surrounding strip carpet dry. (I do remove all carpet and put the mats directly on the body in summer and have no issues with them sealing the drain holes). I would buy again.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
This is starting to piss me off. Wanted to get a normal trunk mat for my Jeep. By "normal" I mean a mat that fits the trunk area EXACTLY and has a raised edge, so I can throw some wet stuff there and not worry about it leaking into the carpet. Simple, right? But nooooo

First I checked out WeatherTech.......$132 for a piece of plastic.....Uhm....how about FU!

Did some more research and decided to try some "OEDRO" trunk mat (advertised to be "guaranteed to fit"). I even contacted the seller, gave them the VIN (!!!), make and model and got a confirmation that YES, this mat will fit my 2023 JL Wrangler 4-door 100%.

Reality:
1681865828392.png

1681865856628.png

1681865894072.png

From there the conversation with the seller went like this:

Me: WTF did you send me? This is not for my vehicle
Him: Yes it is
Me: No, it's not. Look at the pics I sent you
Him: I looked at them. Try to push it all the way in, maybe it will fit
Me: Are you stupid? Will pushing it in magically expand the mat and fill all the gaps and corners it misses?
Him: It's for your vehicle, the gaps are to accommodate other models of this vehicle
Me: I want a refund

As a bonus, he would not issue a refund and would not send me return shipping label until I told him I will escalate the issue to eBay.

That was a few hours well spent.

So now I am thinking - do I _REALLY_ need to spend $132 to get a stupid trunk mat that actually fits? Seems crazy.

I looked at the Rugged Ridge one. Still overpriced, but at least it's under $100. Keep in mind there are about 20 clones of the same mat on Amazon and eBay - they ALL say that it fits 2023 JL Wrangler 4-door with a subwoofer. Like hell it does.

I also found the one from Husky Liners for $79 that seems to have a correct outline, but of course they have fake pics (Of another vehicle) in the item page, so I am afraid it's just going to be another waste of time.

Here is the garbage OEDRO mat that I tried to buy.

I am wondering if someone on here found a mat that fits exactly AND does cost $132? I don't want to push it in, I don't want to cut it, I don't want the one that "almost fits". I just want to throw it in there and move on. Yes, I have $132 and no, I refuse to spend it on a stupid piece of molded plastic.

Please post pics and vendor/model if you found a reasonably priced trunk mat that fits a 2023 JL 4-door (non-4XE). And yes, I have the factory subwoofer.

This is why I like Mopar first, then the expensive options (pricey but you know it fits perfect).

I hate it when someone sells something generic part saying it is custom fit. Just return it, get a refund, leave negative feedback / review, and move on.
Sponsored