Sponsored

Rubber Mat for Trunk

ckorte13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Loaded
Hi. Ready to order a weather proof rubber mat for the Rubicon, for the trunk. Anyone order one yet? Which brand? Thank you.
Sponsored

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Hi. Ready to order a weather proof rubber mat for the Rubicon, for the trunk. Anyone order one yet? Which brand? Thank you.
For rubber, Mopar (if you have leather) or Husky (if you have cloth). Otherwise, size to fit any brand's generic one. Those are pretty much all your options right now until more hit the market.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'm not familiar with the Husky one. I own and use the Mopar one.

There are good comments on this site about the Mopar one as well as good YouTube video's on its installation, which includes mats to cover the back of the back seats, so that when they are lowered, the carpeting on the their back is protected as well.

(BTW I have cloth seats, I'm not sure why Chowbaby felt the Husky ones better with cloth seats but suspect that has to do with my ignorance of Chowbaby's feelings here.)

In order for the mats to stay on the back of the back seats a series of grommets that are behind the carpeting on the back seats are accessed permanently by punching through the carpeting with a knife.

It's not some sort of cluge or anything, just the way FCA designed it.

I wasn't ready to take that plunge (pun) so I glued the hooks side of Velcro onto the backs of the portion of the mats that go on the back of the back seats to keep them on the back of the back seats when those seats are elevated.

I recommend them. I know they will make cleaning my rig and preserving its insides as I haul all sorts of dirty stuff much easier. I think the MOPAR ones are well designed, high quality even having holes where the rig's drain holes are.

my "3 cents."

Chowbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
I'm not familiar with the Husky one. I own and use the Mopar one.

There are good comments on this site about the Mopar one as well as good YouTube video's on its installation, which includes mats to cover the back of the back seats, so that when they are lowered, the carpeting on the their back is protected as well.

(BTW I have cloth seats, I'm not sure why Chowbaby felt the Husky ones better with cloth seats but suspect that has to do with my ignorance of Chowbaby's feelings here.)

In order for the mats to stay on the back of the back seats a series of grommets that are behind the carpeting on the back seats are accessed permanently by punching through the carpeting with a knife.

It's not some sort of cluge or anything, just the way FCA designed it.

I wasn't ready to take that plunge (pun) so I glued the hooks side of Velcro onto the backs of the portion of the mats that go on the back of the back seats to keep them on the back of the back seats when those seats are elevated.

I recommend them. I know they will make cleaning my rig and preserving its insides as I haul all sorts of dirty stuff much easier. I think the MOPAR ones are well designed, high quality even having holes where the rig's drain holes are.

my "3 cents."
Good review. Don't have anything against the mopar ones, just think they are geared more towards leather seats since it comes with a mat for the gap cover. I came very close to pulling the trigger on the mopar ones but I wanted a more "tray" style one for the cargo area (like the quadratec one I had for my jk). As of now, the husky one only fits cloth seats with no subwoofer so it hits all marks for me.

Edit: Just saw the thread about mopar now releasing the trunk mat for cloth seats (i.e. no trench cover) so disregard my first post!

Sponsored

Taxman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7, 2018 JLUR
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
This is perfect. I like the Husky liner but it's still only available for JL models without a subwoofer. I guess I'll wait until they come out with one for the subwoofer models. Can't believe nobody else has this. It's such a simple and inexpensive product to bring to market.

FLSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-door Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Husky rear cargo liner
I really like the looks of this one. Here is my question.

I have a 2-door and like to keep the back seat folded up to have the bigger cargo area. Is there a liner like this one that will fit with the seat folder up (i.e. this looks like the seat needs to be removed for it to fit).

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
82215656AB 2018 Jeep Wrangler Molded Cargo Tray - Cloth Seats - With Gap Hider

AMAZON

Sponsored

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
I have the Husky liner for the subwoofer and it fits like a glove. I like the tub-lkke edge created when the gate it closed.
IMG_20180612_210254.jpg
IMG_20180612_210436.jpg

So with this you cannot use the six tie down hooks in the trunk? Seems like it requires you to make the holes. Not a biggie with an exacto-blade but was curious.

Terry09

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU
So with this you cannot use the six tie down hooks in the trunk? Seems like it requires you to make the holes. Not a biggie with an exacto-blade but was curious.
Oh I thought it was a liner that went around the sub that is built into the floor. I now see you have the sub mounted on the side.

Dewker

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLU Rubi
Has anyone cut out the tie downs with the Husky mat? Do the squares on the Husky mat match up? Was just wondering, before ordering, now that the sub option is available.
Sponsored