Sponsored

Transmission / Transfer Case Failure and Fire

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Not sure poorly made is justified, plenty of Jeep owners out there are just fine (on my 4th in 20 years with no issues). Maybe I’m an outlier? Lot -o- Jeeps out there…

62851356-D362-486E-8BAE-8A8C49B7F303.jpeg

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
... BULLSHIT, I had Adams 1310 driveshafts on front and rear and they don't just fail going down the highway with the cruise on at 70 mph...
I know it's unlikely, but I had a Tom Woods seize up driving down the I-10, broke the pinion yoke and cracked the t-case, leaving me stranded in some podunk Texas town for almost a week...fortunately it was during a watermelon festival, so there was that. =)

Doesn't happen often, but it can, and does, happen.

Not saying it's the cause.

Mixedup4x4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
to the OP, I have the exact same battle going on... I was at 99600 miles on a certified pre-owned which is supposed to cover up to 100k.... driving down the highway at 65 mph and BOOM/BANG t-case tried to come through the floor, busted my front DS, put 2 holes in the Transmission.... insurance says no, jeep says no..... oh, and mine is a manual......

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I'm not sure if the OP has clarified whether he purchased the axles from the Dealer and had them installed there. If so, you have a fighting chance of getting the warranty honored. If not, though, you have a very difficult fight on your hands, I'm afraid.

Sponsored

OP
OP
harleypap57

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
to the OP, I have the exact same battle going on... I was at 99600 miles on a certified pre-owned which is supposed to cover up to 100k.... driving down the highway at 65 mph and BOOM/BANG t-case tried to come through the floor, busted my front DS, put 2 holes in the Transmission.... insurance says no, jeep says no..... oh, and mine is a manual......
I know the feeling of nobody wanting to cover anything. I ended up paying for a new T case and Transmission plus Front Drive Shaft.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
If it's not stock, all bets are off!!

I just love how we seldom hear about the "non-stock-ness" in the first posts.

G.