Transmission slipping.

Tug556

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I was driving my Jeep (JLURD) today and it started having what appeared to be really bad transmission slipping. Under normal acceleration, the jeep acts like it loses power for a split second and then jolts forward. Once I am at a cruising speed, it no longer does it. There is no check engine light on. The jeep is stock. I am trying to get it into a dealer, but so far the earliest I can get it in is in almost 2 months. I live in a major metro area, but the Jeep dealerships are always like that. I had the same issue when this Jeep sucked in a ton of snow. The jeep has 13,000 miles on it.

Any ideas what to do? The dealer says don't drive it, but it's my dailey driver and the dealer has no rental cars available. This is my 5th wrangler and by far the most unreliable.

@JeepCares
Sponsored

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Someone else posted a similar symptom and it most people suggested that it was an issue with the turbo. Hope this is not the case.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I was driving my Jeep (JLURD) today and it started having what appeared to be really bad transmission slipping. Under normal acceleration, the jeep acts like it loses power for a split second and then jolts forward. Once I am at a cruising speed, it no longer does it. There is no check engine light on. The jeep is stock. I am trying to get it into a dealer, but so far the earliest I can get it in is in almost 2 months. I live in a major metro area, but the Jeep dealerships are always like that. I had the same issue when this Jeep sucked in a ton of snow. The jeep has 13,000 miles on it.

Any ideas what to do? The dealer says don't drive it, but it's my dailey driver and the dealer has no rental cars available. This is my 5th wrangler and by far the most unreliable.

@JeepCares
Thank you for tagging us. If your dealership has no loaners to offer, we would recommend renting from a third party. Should you like to go that route and want to discuss the parameters, call Jeep Cares at 877-426-5337.

Kate
Jeep Cares

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I am trying to get it into a dealer, but so far the earliest I can get it in is in almost 2 months. I live in a major metro area, but the Jeep dealerships are always like that. ble.

@JeepCares
Have you checked with a different dealer? As you mention, you've got plenty of others to chose from. [we've got dozen of them here - in a similarly sized metroarea.]

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Check your fluid level just to rule that out?

pete_sd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel
Had similar issues. Crank sensor had issues, Tone wheel issues and lastly they had to replace 2 wire harness.
Sponsored