cianfrinato

First Name
andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu
Still waiting for a new transmission.
Jeep store wasn't able to solve the problem in other way.
Sponsored

Zwee

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
As I previously mentioned, I just purchased this jeep last weekend. It is really hard to capture on vid but by a stroke of luck I caught one slip from 3rd to 4th(has happened 3 times before shifting to 4th before). Seems in line with OP and other users correct?

Last edited:

Zwee

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl

Zwee

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
An update for anyone curious, Jeep is going to install anew valve body on my JLUR. It is 2 weeks out for me.

Sponsored

fastdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2015 MB C400
Got a new transmission installed under warranty and that has fixed all my issues.

pvanwillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
willys 2022 JL
So last August I ordered my first Jeep, a 2020 JLUR with the 3.6 and auto transmission, and got it delivered in June. It was one of the first built when the factory reopened after lockdown. So far I've put about 8,400 miles on it. Now that I've started commuting again, I've noticed some weird behavior from the transmission. I always thought it was a bit unrefined, but just assumed that was normal. Now that I'm noticing a consistent problem, I think I've got a transmission issue. All gears shift perfectly except from 3rd to 4th, and down from 4th to 3rd. Under normal acceleration, going up from 3rd to 4th, there is always a slight, yet noticeable delay, almost like power is being cut off for a split second. Going down from 4th to 3rd, the transmission almost feels like its binding, and makes the Jeep lurch forward, sometimes quite violently. This is uncomfortable when making turns and stopping at red lights. I'm posting here first before taking it to the dealer because I'm hesitant to have them tear down a practically brand new car. Any thoughts?
21 Willy’s doing the same. Been no three times tomorr morning !

pvanwillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
willys 2022 JL
As I previously mentioned, I just purchased this jeep last weekend. It is really hard to capture on vid but by a stroke of luck I caught one slip from 3rd to 4th(has happened 3 times before shifting to 4th before). Seems in line with OP and other users correct?
Mine does the exact same thing dealer says nothings wrong. I’ve had Jeeps for 30 years. Somethings wrong

Zwee

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl
Mine does the exact same thing dealer says nothings wrong. I’ve had Jeeps for 30 years. Somethings wrong
I can't believe they would say that. My transmission was replaced and have not had an issue since. Knocks on wood*

AmmoCurtis

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Had the same issue start over the summer (35K-ish miles). Hard/delayed shift 3-4 and 4-3. It also slammed hard into reverse. Slowly got worse over time and popped a check engine light and even sometimes stuck in 2nd or 3rd gear. Took it to my local dealer took one look at it and replaced the transmission under warranty. Took a few weeks to get the replacement. Got a few hundred miles on the new one and it drives like its brand new again!

Jeepjoy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL wrangler rubicon
I have the exact same issue. 2024 jlur Rubicon. Been doing it since new. Thought it just needed to break in. Wrong. Now 2200 miles and goes into the dealer this coming Monday. It sounds like not many people have this issue with limited replies to this thread. Anybody have something else wrong causing this besides the trans?
Sponsored