First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
I've heard that people have had problems with the factory limited slip diff (noise, clutches, etc.) and would like to find out just what the problems are. Are they usually from off road abuse, or just daily driving? Can the problems be eliminated with regular oil changes? Mine seems to be working great and I'd like to keep it that way.
Sponsored

toothirtyj

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Hellayella JL Willys, 3.6L/6MT, 4.10's
Occupation
LE
I haven't had any issues (noises, failure, etc) with mine.

Regular oil changes with oil containing limited slip additive will certainly help the longevity of the clutches. How often to change the oil really just depends on how you drive your Jeep and what you use if for. Harder you drive it the more often you should change it.

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
2020 Willys JLU with 42,000 miles no issues - have changed diff fluid twice now, first fluid change was REAL dirty around 12k, second one was dirty and did that at 40k. Great thread on here about about the process, which fluids and other tips. EASY JOB!

After seeing the filthy fluid on the first change I'd recommend you do that one earlier then factory recommendations. Perhaps around 10k mark.

OP
OP
Red Willy

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Just had a gear change done at 9k, so I'm on break in with the new gears for another 200 miles or so. The shop will change it again after break in and inspection at around 9600. They mentioned that they use Royal Purple synthetic so I guess I'll plan on changing it again at around 20k.
Sponsored