Re-Gearing Question 2018 Sahara JLU with factory LSD and Dana 44

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I apologize in advance if this is a total noob question; I also tried searching prior to posting.
The below is a clip of my window sticker. I just put on a lift and 35s, and would like to gain back the MPGs I lost. My question is what do I need to get in order to re-gear to 4.10 gears? Do I do need to only change the rear diff gears, or do I have to do both front and rear? I would assume both the front and rear gearing needs to be the same to drive in 4WD, but I might be very wrong. According to the sticker, I have a Dana 44 rear axle, and I have a 3.45 axle gear ratio. Very lost and any help is much appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-Gearing Question 2018 Sahara JLU with factory LSD and Dana 44 Capture.JPG
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I apologize in advance if this is a total noob question; I also tried searching prior to posting.
The below is a clip of my window sticker. I just put on a lift and 35s, and would like to gain back the MPGs I lost. My question is what do I need to get in order to re-gear to 4.10 gears? Do I do need to only change the rear diff gears, or do I have to do both front and rear? I would assume both the front and rear gearing needs to be the same to drive in 4WD, but I might be very wrong. According to the sticker, I have a Dana 44 rear axle, and I have a 3.45 axle gear ratio. Very lost and any help is much appreciated.

Jeep Wrangler JL Re-Gearing Question 2018 Sahara JLU with factory LSD and Dana 44 Capture.JPG
Both differentials require the same ratio.

I would recommend using 4.56 gears with your 35's.