Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I may grab a JSCAN. It shifts hard enough to move stuff in the back, so something clearly isn’t right. No codes though, so they didn’t do anything.
Just be aware if you have done any mods like larger tires and never adjusted for them the shift points will be off but as stated it technically should relearn automatically but that’s in a perfect world
Sponsored

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just be aware if you have done any mods like larger tires and never adjusted for them the shift points will be off but as stated it technically should relearn automatically but that’s in a perfect world
Thanks. I’m still on stock tires with no mods that would impact the transmission. This is actually part of the reason. I didn’t want to deviate until I get it figured out.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m still on stock tires with no mods that would impact the transmission. This is actually part of the reason. I didn’t want to deviate until I get it figured out.
If you have zero mods that would affect the shift point I would be suspect there is a possible drivetrain issue but let’s hope thats not the case.

Cat4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
Did anyone get this resolved? Having the same issue.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Did anyone get this resolved? Having the same issue.
Nope. Went to three dealerships a total of four times. Jeep wound up giving me a discount code on a new one because they never figured it out. Traded it (with full disclosure of the problem) and got my replacement (this time a diesel) in October.

Reactions: GtX

Sponsored

BuffaloBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel 2020 JLUR Ecodiesel
Nope. Went to three dealerships a total of four times. Jeep wound up giving me a discount code on a new one because they never figured it out. Traded it (with full disclosure of the problem) and got my replacement (this time a diesel) in October.
What do you think of the diesel, now that you’ve had it for a couple months?

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What do you think of the diesel, now that you’ve had it for a couple months?
It "feels" better than the 3.6 did, if that makes sense. In a lot of ways.

I don't know if that's due to a later model year, or added weight, or what. Brakes feel better, steering is firmer, acceleration and torque are better. The only thing I've paid attention to that I used to not have to worry about is the regeneration process (which I wrote a post about and I'll link below). I purposefully picked one with a different drivetrain after running into the problem I had with the 2020 JLUR. I had originally wanted one when I got my 2020, but the exhaust posts scared me off.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/regens-after-a-month-of-ownership.82491/#post-1725732

darylm74

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Sr Data Engineer
I know this is an old post but curious about what that shifting felt like? I have a diesel and it is currently throwing a crank shaft position sensor which has already been replaced. Mine feels like it is what I call transmission slap. It jerks you around, but only on up-hill or load (small trailer) acceleration. It doesn't show up otherwise. I am trying to get to the bottom of this as I did a lot of mods (issue existed before the mods) and thought it was related to the fuel pump issue, replaced after the mods (jerking is a common fuel pump issue), but that has been replaced. I feel like I am grasping at straws but so many different possibilities.

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I know this is an old post but curious about what that shifting felt like? I have a diesel and it is currently throwing a crank shaft position sensor which has already been replaced. Mine feels like it is what I call transmission slap. It jerks you around, but only on up-hill or load (small trailer) acceleration. It doesn't show up otherwise. I am trying to get to the bottom of this as I did a lot of mods (issue existed before the mods) and thought it was related to the fuel pump issue, replaced after the mods (jerking is a common fuel pump issue), but that has been replaced. I feel like I am grasping at straws but so many different possibilities.
It felt much like a hard downshift on a stick. Would happen mostly on downhill coming to a stop. It would even chip tires and shift the load in back sometimes. I didn’t have any mods that would impact it. It would rev up as well due to the downshift.

it wasn’t a fuel related jerk.
Sponsored