Transfer case issue - can't get into 4H

Septugenarian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon Unlimited
Less than 3k miles on my 2020 Rubicon unlimited and can’t get in 4h. In dealer now and have to leave it overnight to work on tomorrow. May have to replace. NOT happy !
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Less than 3k miles on my 2020 Rubicon unlimited and can’t get in 4h. In dealer now and have to leave it overnight to work on tomorrow. May have to replace. NOT happy !
Were you slowly rolling when you tried? You gotta put a solid brisk pull on it when rolling...especially the first few times.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Strange....hope they get it figured out. I had to pull hard into 4wd the first few times...almost to the point that I felt like I was gonna break it.(I'm 6'3" 210 lbs...no chance my wife could get it in 4wd)
Mine was the same. In fact it popped out into neutral the first couple of times. It got the message! Three other brand new 4 x 4 trucks and had the same difficulty getting into 4wd the first few times.

Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
With no sarcasm or disdain - I wouldn't trust a dealer to know how to expertly operate the vehicle. Heck, when I test drove a manual Wrangler, the salesperson let me do all the driving and parking everywhere - I got the feeling he wasn't a regular stick driver.

I had a coupla hundred miles on the odometer when I tried to muscle my Wrangler in 4H, and yeah, I thought I was gonna break it, too. But like Steve Winwood says you gotta "Roll with It".

Reactions: GtX
OP
OP

Septugenarian

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon Unlimited
I have to have new transfer case installed. Dealer has had it for week- at least I have loner. Still, unfortunate for a car with less than 3k miles. Glad it’s not winter.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have to have new transfer case installed. Dealer has had it for week- at least I have loner. Still, unfortunate for a car with less than 3k miles. Glad it’s not winter.
Hi Robert,
We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Jeep Wrangler. If any additional support is needed, please feel free to send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Sponsored