Sponsored

Tow Package Confusion

lastxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU 4-door
My 2018 JLU came with a standard 2" receiver and the aux switches and I thought it had the tow package, however when looking at the packages based on my vin it shows a 180 amp alt. Is the hitch standard? I'm a bit confused by this.
Sponsored

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
My 2018 JLU came with a standard 2" receiver and the aux switches and I thought it had the tow package, however when looking at the packages based on my vin it shows a 180 amp alt. Is the hitch standard? I'm a bit confused by this.
I have the tow package and my sticker shows the 240 AMP Alternator under optional equip
If your sticker doesn't indicate the tow package, your dealer may have added the hitch.
the package also has a 700 A battery

OP
OP
lastxit

lastxit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU 4-door
That's what I get for using a silly vin decoder while sitting at my desk. I pulled my head from my butt verified it's all there. Thanks!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Weird. I didn’t buy my 2018 Sport with the tow package, but it came with the 700 amp battery. I’ve since added hitch and harness.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
That's what I get for using a silly vin decoder while sitting at my desk. I pulled my head from my butt verified it's all there. Thanks!
Here's some tissue. You missed a spot.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
its possible when the factory is building the jeeps, the line workers will install what parts come in a particular order. for example jeep 1 and 2 does not get the tow package by 3 does. the parts the line workers get comes in as 1 and 3 no tow package but 2 gets the tow package. so the line worker are going to install what shows up to keep the line moving. same goes with the hd alternator or larger amp battery. now the question would be, does the quality control catches the mix up. when i got my 07 grand cherokee, the factory installed an aux radiator that would be included in the tow package, but the cherokee did not get the tow package.
Sponsored