Turfman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing that it will be totaled out. I cannot imagine them being able to get the body parts needed for the repairs yet. With the busted top it’s only a matter of time before the interior gets wet and will also need replacing! With the front pillar busted open water will get into this area and also start causing issues.

You may want to start shopping around for another one! Hopefully the truck driver has enough insurance to cover all the cares!
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I’m guessing that it will be totaled out. I cannot imagine them being able to get the body parts needed for the repairs yet. With the busted top it’s only a matter of time before the interior gets wet and will also need replacing! With the front pillar busted open water will get into this area and also start causing issues.

You may want to start shopping around for another one! Hopefully the truck driver has enough insurance to cover all the cares!
Didn't think about the interior damage...good point!

Might give you an idea on how these babies are put together:

This was published in 2017 though...

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
Ha ha ha! “For $100 we can paint your entire car!”
Thought is was for $99.95? That’s funny.

Sucks this happened to the Jeep though. I’d be pissed. I did learn never to have body work done in KY. I’ll have it towed to the next state to get worked on.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
There are really two numbers, at least, you need to consider (as an insurance adjuster) to determine whether to repair or total. One, of course, is the retail value of the vehicle at the time of the accident, what you'd need to pay the owner to settle the claim. The second is what you estimate you can sell the wrecked vehicle for. I'd bet most would underestimate the salvage value of a wrecked vehicle, especially one so popular and right now, difficult to find parts for. Subtract the salvage value from the pre-accident retail value and compare that to the cost to repair. If close, probable total, if there's a wide margin, repair/replace becomes an easy choice.

As this is a liability claim the insurance company should also consider how long parts acquisition and repairs will take as they'll have to be renting you a vehicle for that time. If it's six weeks just to get the parts, add another three to four for repairs, that's more than a couple of months.

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Seems like the roll cage or whatever you want to call it does a lot better than the JK being that it’s not just the windshield supporting everything anymore

Hope you get a new Jeep!

Sponsored

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
Ouch! Sorry to see this but as another posted, if they do decide to repair it, make sure you get a sizable settlement for “diminished value”, the hit you will take when selling or trading in the vehicle with major collision damage on the CarFax report. I’m thinking $5K minimum! If the adjuster and Insurance Company know you are holding out for that too then they very well may choose to total it.

apettit7

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Occupation
IT
Didn't think about the interior damage...good point!

Might give you an idea on how these babies are put together:

This was published in 2017 though...
I would have some serious bragging rights if I had that hard top hoist in my garage :)

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If that is an untitled vehicle, it can no longer be legally sold as new. It's salvaged at best.

Mojito Mojo

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Apache Junction, AZ and North Mankato, MN
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito Rubicon JLU, 2004 Corvette convertible, 2015 HD Road Glide, 2014 Indian Chief Vintage
Occupation
Retired
If that is an untitled vehicle, it can no longer be legally sold as new. It's salvaged at best.
My understanding is that the OP was having this vehicle shipped from D.C. to his new place in Las Vegas so it would have been already titled!

Sponsored

Carnac

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The decision to total or repair also comes with the fact if repaired it will be noted on Carfax and follow the Jeep for ever. I would if repaired you would have diminished value for sure. Could if be repaired, sure but I have 33 years experience in the insurance business and I would Push to total and get a new Jeep.

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Doesn't look totalled to me. In KY, if the damage is inside 80% of the value, they fix it and not total it. That's only a few thousand in repairs right there.
I don’t know what repair shop that you go to that that’s way way way more than $2000 in damage. That thing is totaled 100%

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The decision to total or repair also comes with the fact if repaired it will be noted on Carfax and follow the Jeep for ever. I would if repaired you would have diminished value for sure. Could if be repaired, sure but I have 33 years experience in the insurance business and I would Push to total and get a new Jeep.
Not to be the bearer of bad news, however that thing will never be the same if it’s not totaled but I guarantee you it is

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100%! Even if they were to try and fix it that thing would never be the same and be worth half as much that’s a lot of serious damage .
Sponsored