Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
No even close to being totaled.
Sooooo what a beautiful thing to walk up to my Rubicon Sunday afternoon. Someone hit me in a 4 car collision while my Jeep was parked Sunday morning. I guess the truck driver lost control because a BMW jumped in front of him causing him to swerve and hit me and the Lexus(all while I was asleep). Then I go up to my car that afternoon confused with a police incident report with all the cars involved and what happened.
So thankfully no one was hurt, but I am pretty bummed because literally the day before I just bought new 35s and Method Wheels for it (thank god it was back ordered). So it’s in the shop and I’m waiting for the shop and AAA to tell me if it’s totaled or not.

OH! To add insult to injury, my 1yr anniversary with my Jeep was July 4th. 1 year and 1 day I only had with her.

Let me know what you guys.
Thanks!

BA1F9F82-B0F9-49C0-8270-89FC21C02DA9.jpeg

4D399183-A21C-4AF5-B805-1EE45C2D2F66.jpeg

31113C07-BD30-4AF8-A179-2409A1C644B9.jpeg

891BEEBC-FE22-480B-A304-1C7FFBCF717B.jpeg

A5745BCC-C753-499B-8AE6-2D4A08D16F6D.jpeg

21B5810D-21DD-4E8E-8E2D-6B8C681E579A.jpeg
Sponsored

Thegrants82

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Update, got her back. Was not totaled, roughly 10k in damages with the fender, wheels,tires, and suspension only. Now we’re back but it’ll never be like 100% again I’m sure. Also added my 35s and Method wheels, adding the 2” Mopar lift next week.
DCBD511D-E180-4CDD-ABB3-0E0F913391FC.jpeg
Agree that it will never be 100% again. I had a 2018 Sahara that got rear ended and they replaced the frame.......I couldn’t trade it in fast enough, they missed so many details.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Now we’re back but it’ll never be like 100% again I’m sure.
If you're about to lift it and replace even more hardware down the road, you're probably going to eliminate any leftover flaws the repair might have missed. They did a great job repairing it and it still looks fresh off a lot. It'll look even better with some added height.

Despite the repair costs, I wouldn't be surprised if getting the fender replaced, positioning it just right for fitment and gap measurements, paint matching, and lining up the badge and decal were more of a pain in the ass than any of the suspension work.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Their insurance should have also paid you additional for accident devaluation since that accident will always be public record that lowers the value of the car, they should pay you extra for that.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Update, got her back. Was not totaled, roughly 10k in damages with the fender, wheels,tires, and suspension only. Now we’re back but it’ll never be like 100% again I’m sure. Also added my 35s and Method wheels, adding the 2” Mopar lift next week.
DCBD511D-E180-4CDD-ABB3-0E0F913391FC.jpeg
Back in about '02, I bought a garage queen 1979 Porsche 911SC. 40K miles and absolutely perfect. I was a happy driver until one night on the freeway in LA a drunk driver going eastbound slammed the center K-rail. I was going west bound and hit a couple of huge concrete chunks that had flown into my lane. Was able to get to the shoulder but there was a bunch of damage, both cosmetic as well as front suspension. Had to flatbed it home, then flatbed it to the shop. It would never be a 'pristine car again, but I bought it to drive it, so I decided to slowly turn it into a more competent track car (while keeping it street legal - barely).

Over the next few years I went from student to racer, and when I finally sold it in '08 it had a full roll cage, fire suppression system, fully tweaked suspension, R-compound rubber - but still a bone-stock motor so I was class-legal for racing. End of the '07 club race season I was losing 3rd gear and had to get the transmission rebuilt. I had a guy do it right, and $10K later it was ready to race again. But by that point I'd had a good run and had burned through a lot of savings so it was time to move on. No regrets though - I still have fond memories of running the corkscrew at Laguna Seca (and winning my class that day) and road trips to Infineon, LVMS, Buttonwillow, etc.

A long story, but the point being in some ways you're in a better place. The Rubi isn't new or pristine, so time to mod to your hearts content with no nagging regret. Glad to see it back running, drive it in good health (and hopefully away from flying trucks).

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
OP,

I’m very happy that you have your Jeep back.......

Now go drive it and Enjoy the crap out of it. All will be fine.
Sponsored