Sponsored

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
I think I’d hope it’s totaled myself. You can’t fart on a new vehicle without costing a few grand.

BlackRook

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Occupation
SCIENCE!
I put my guess in for not totaled. A LOT of damage for sure, probably multiple $10k's. But we can't tell about the frame, and if the frame's ok, replacing body parts should be feasible. And probably less than the covered value of the vehicle (especially if you have gap coverage).

If the frame's shot, then yeah, she be totalled.

If they DO try to repair her, make damn sure you get diminished value--gonna be hard to sell a vehicle with this type of damage on the CarFax. Smart buyers will assume you rolled her offloading like a clown, and may not believe you otherwise...

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Well, if this were the 3rd or 4th year of a vehicle and aftermarket parts or replacement parts were readily available, it might be a different story.

However, with the limited supply of parts, the cost of having to go directly to the manufacturer (MOPAR) and the added time that it would take to even be able to get the parts available and shipped where they are needed, I would lean towards totaled.

Your insurance will pay for a rental car in the meantime but with all of the added challenges for replacing a car this new, I would lean towards totaled.

If not, make sure you file the additional value loss form after your claim. This will pay you the difference in your car if your car had never been wrecked.

Sponsored

MattP725

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion (Future Hopeful JL Owner)
I agree the cost is going to be way over a few thousand but you're talking about a 45-50k truck in its first year. If you said the residual was 40k and gave it 80% for the cutoff, it would have to cost more the 32k to fix. Even if you said 35k residual, 28k? No way its costing THAT much to fix.

hubble

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2018 F150 4X4
I'm going with totaled. With all the parts, body damage, paint, not including the parts you can't see, labor.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Oh man, that sucks. I hate seeing the brand new Jeeps getting destroyed. The Mojito! vs a tree and now this? Ugh

Gill

First Name
Gill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80,84,85 CJ. 83 Scrambler 2912 JKU 2018 JL Rubicon (ordered)
There is a lot more damage there than most are seeing. A lot of areas have been tweaked and will require lots of labor time to fix this Jeep right. It can be done but by insurance standards it will cost too much. It would be a good car for a body company to rebuild but in Indiana it would end up with a rebuilt title and that would lower the value a bunch.

Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Hope the insurance company gets you a new one. but I am not so sure the damage is enough to total it. But waaaay more than a few thousand lol.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the cost is going to be way over a few thousand but you're talking about a 45-50k truck in its first year. If you said the residual was 40k and gave it 80% for the cutoff, it would have to cost more the 32k to fix. Even if you said 35k residual, 28k? No way its costing THAT much to fix.
Respectfully I disagree. There is significant damage to the tub which by the way it looks will need replacing, that and the hood, hardtop, windshield and what looks like a tweaked sports bar is more than enough to total this thing out.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
From personal experience, most insurance companies automatically total the vehicle if it rolls.

jk8290

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a total. I don’t know if they have this in your state but the insurance company might do a constructive total loss if the repairs alone are not enough to total it.

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
It's hard to tell from just those pics. If the structural integrity is fine, then it's just a matter of seeing if the parts/labor/rentals will be greater than just getting you a new Jeep.

If there is structural damage then I'd go with total.
Sponsored