• Total voters

Dkop

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
If it is not totaled, and you plan to keep it for a while, this is probably a great case for Max Care. Note, I do not want to bring this up for discussion, but just a thought $3k now to pass the buck back to Mopar later. There is no chance it will run as well as it did before the accident.

And depending on state diminished value might not be an option. Jersey for example does not allow it, but New Jersey allows insurance companies to buy favorable laws.

Good luck, let us know how this turns out.
Sponsored

Chopper0425

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU - (Soon to be JLUR)
Occupation
Oilfield Inspector
Ouch, sorry to hear this. I would push for total

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
The visible damage here looks extensive and who knows how much is going on under the surface. Best case this is a $15-20K repair, worse case $20-30K. The diminished value on this will easily be $15K alone so that actually makes your best case about $30-35K.

Good luck and I'm sorry for this type of accident. Honestly my hope for you is that this isn't even questioned and it's totaled right away. You don't want this back.

Saltydevildog

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Thats gotta hurt, @MOKE. I would be shocked if it wasn't totaled. I would push for it to be totaled. Pull all the goodies off it and start over. At least no one was hurt.

Sponsored

GetOverIt

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Totalled in my opinion. Every panel and part I can see is bent/broken and there is at least $10K worth of those. Depending on mileage and model, I would be looking for a new one from THEIR insurance company. I had a 2008 Toyota Tundra CrewMax that a kid rear-ended. Bent the bumper down at 45 degrees; minor sheet metal damage to one fender. Didn't touch the tailgate. Completely driveable. They had to replace the frame! $17K or 70% of replacement value.

OP
OP
MOKE

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
So what now Moke
Looks like its time for a new one. Going body color top and fenders, same everything else. Found a nice white one at Safford in Springfield, already lifted. Just scared to ship it across country after this last one made it all but 40 miles to me.

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
Looks like its time for a new one. Going body color top and fenders, same everything else. Found a nice white one at Safford in Springfield, already lifted. Just scared to ship it across country after this last one made it all but 40 miles to me.
Did they completely pay it out for you or give any extra since you'll be out tax fees and crap again?

Sponsored

OP
OP
MOKE

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
Did they completely pay it out for you or give any extra since you'll be out tax fees and crap again?
I have the USAA Total Loss Protection (TLP). They valued my car at $49k with Tax. The TLP adds 20% of the value including taxes. Its $58,307 that they are paying out to me.

Closure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tc
I have the USAA Total Loss Protection (TLP). They valued my car at $49k with Tax. The TLP adds 20% of the value including taxes. Its $58,307 that they are paying out to me.
Nice so you made money. Well maybe but a lot of hassle and stress and maybe rent a car.

Glad it's all almost over

OP
OP
MOKE

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
Thanks everyone for the support and sharing your experience and knowledge. It was my first wrecked vehicle and I was a little worried. Here is the new baby.
f5db500839e3d8dc56ecca40f03a0d81.jpg

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Was having my Rubi moved from DC to my new place in Las Vegas. 40 miles out the trucked rolled his truck and this is whats left. I think its totaled based on the windshield support being completely broken in half, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. Sounds like it will be a few days with the holiday for an adjuster to check it out.

IMG_6589-3.jpeg

IMG_6593-4.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg
That's totaled my friend. No way they would put that back on the road. Look at www.erepairables.com and you will see jeeps that are not as bad as yours and totaled out and selling for parts.

In fact, look at this one from amd earlier post. Not as bad and totaled.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/new-record-totaled-before-i-even-picked-it-up.7645/

Hope this helps!
Sponsored