First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
Was having my Rubi moved from DC to my new place in Las Vegas. 40 miles out the trucked rolled his truck and this is whats left. I think its totaled based on the windshield support being completely broken in half, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. Sounds like it will be a few days with the holiday for an adjuster to check it out.

IMG_6589-3.jpeg

IMG_6593-4.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Doesn't look totalled to me. In KY, if the damage is inside 80% of the value, they fix it and not total it. That's only a few thousand in repairs right there.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It could be totaled if the frame is damaged. I don't know how the A-pillar is attached, but it is replaceable I'm sure. I'd be more concerned about under the hood if the hood got smashed in like that.

taysdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe (ordered), 2017 GX460
Was having my Rubi moved from DC to my new place in Las Vegas. 40 miles out the trucked rolled his truck and this is whats left. I think its totaled based on the windshield support being completely broken in half, but was wondering if anyone else thought the same. Sounds like it will be a few days with the holiday for an adjuster to check it out.

IMG_6589-3.jpeg

IMG_6593-4.jpeg

IMG_6596.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg
I’ll play - I am in for totaled. Please keep us updated.

BTW - that totally sucks, so sorry. On the bright side, nobody was hurt and you may get a brand new Jeep.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MOKE

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
So she was on top of the carrier and 5 other cars were on the carrier. When I pulled in, the other cars were smashed and crushed to bits and my baby was standing strong. Prob took the brunt of it with the least visible damage.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It looks like mostly bolt on parts and body damage. If the frame were bent or there was some damage to the engine / transmission then maybe a total loss. As far as the engine and trans, they need to be gone through, who knows what fluids went where if she was on her side or top for long.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wow, she was on top!? That roll bar looks like it did it's job then, and I would be worried about it's integrity at this point too.

OP
OP
MOKE

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Development
Wow, she was on top!? That roll bar looks like it did it's job then, and I would be worried about it's integrity at this point too.
Yea I was very happy how she held up but am also worried about the integrity of the front support and roll bar.

IMG_4819.jpeg

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Who is Earl Scheib?

The windshield frame, hood, and freedom panel is the only part that we can see is jacked up. That's easily repaired for only a few thousand to do it right, or less to do it quick.

Personally, I like things to be done right.

Are there more photos he hasn't added? Or that my PC hasn't downloaded? I only see three.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Based on the quantity of damage, I’d say total loss. You have many areas that need replacing, so the math says loss. Plus, the labor would be a large factor. Most insurance companies will look to replace based on the number of areas affected.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
I’d be willing to bet that is more than a few thousand.
An official repair cost for the hard top would be a few thousand alone, I think.

Looks like five figures to me.
Sponsored