GABEY70

First Name
Gabrielle Lima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
Hi

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 4xe's and the cost of fixing after a collison. Wondering if my 10 month old is going to be totaled or not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled 4xe? 2022 wrangler 4xe
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Need to see pics of driver side.

That being said, I'd venture to say it will be totaled. Unfortunately, with the limited supply of parts available nowadays, many insurance companies simply total the vehicle. My father works in the industry and has seen many vehicles with what appear to have simple fixes get totaled. It's just the way it is these days. Sorry for your vehicle. Good luck.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Hi

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 4xe's and the cost of fixing after a collison. Wondering if my 10 month old is going to be totaled or not.

Jeep Wrangler JL Totaled 4xe? 2022 wrangler 4xe
That looks like a "total" to me, but I'm certainly no expert on the 4xe.

OP
OP
GABEY70

GABEY70

First Name
Gabrielle Lima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
Sorry, no other pics, just a quick snap before they towed. Just frustrating since we had to put so much down to get a decent payment and if totaled the money is a loss. Thanks for the input.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Sorry, no other pics, just a quick snap before they towed. Just frustrating since we had to put so much down to get a decent payment and if totaled the money is a loss. Thanks for the input.
Were you or any passengers injured? Looks like a pretty serious accident.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just frustrating since we had to put so much down to get a decent payment and if totaled the money is a loss.
Lesson learned. Never put more money down to lower your payment. You are better off saving the money in an account and using it to make the higher payment.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Not sure where you're located, or the extent of damage. So, here's some info. Check your state laws. In LA, the law says that if the damage (replacement parts PLUS labor) exceeds 75% of the NADA value of your vehicle on the date of the wreck, then it is automatically totaled.

NADA has changed their site since I last looked at it (now JD Power), but it looks like ~$54,000 is an average value. I think I remember somewhere that I've heard that labor is about 50% of cost for parts (obviously a generalization).

So, 75% of $54k is $40,500. That is around $13,500 in labor and $27,000 in parts. Looks like radiator, condenser, and oil cooler (do 4xes have those?) are all compromised. Obviously body work. If the engine is damaged, then I'd say it'll be totaled. If not, maybe???

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Hard to tell by the pic, but it has at least some minor frame damage, damage to the cooling system, probably water pump, etc. I'd say you're looking at a costly repair, but if it has a lot of value then maybe it's not.

Actual cash value (value prior to loss) - cost of repair = value. If the value is greater than the total loss value (what a salvage yard would pay) then it's repairable. If a salvage yard would pay more than the ACV minus the repair cost, it's a total loss. There's actually a percentage/formula used, but basically that's it. Looks like a significant repair cost, and I have no idea what it was worth before the crash, but probably less than you think. The "scrap" value may be high as parts are hard to get and they are costly (raising the price of used parts).

Looks like you hit the brakes prior to impact, causing it to dive, compromising more of the "motor" and associated parts. Air bags deployed?

2ktj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 YJ (ret), 00 TJ Sport, 21 Willys, 23 4XE Rubi
Airbags deployed is often a tipping point in a total. Replacing those on top of the structural and drivetrain damage gets expensive fast. My $$ is on a total, but good luck!!

Sponsored

Ten North Prez

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, Toyota 4th Gen V8 4 Runner
Lesson learned. Never put more money down to lower your payment. You are better off saving the money in an account and using it to make the higher payment.
Yeah, I'll pass. The interest you are getting for that money in your bank account isn't even a small fraction of what you are paying out in interest on the loan. Whether it was down payment or the bank's money, whatever the difference is between what insurance says it is worth now and what you paid for it is coming out of your pocket, one way or another. Insurance companies don't base their values on what you owe on your vehicle.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Glad you are okay! What did you rear-end?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Yeah, I'll pass. The interest you are getting for that money in your bank account isn't even a small fraction of what you are paying out in interest on the loan. Whether it was down payment or the bank's money, whatever the difference is between what insurance says it is worth now and what you paid for it is coming out of your pocket, one way or another. Insurance companies don't base their values on what you owe on your vehicle.
Completely not the point of my post.

Ten North Prez

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, Toyota 4th Gen V8 4 Runner

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Hi

2022 wrangler 4xe.jpg
Need 2 more shots, of both sides and did the damage affect the dash or get into the cockpit.

IF so it could well be a total. They can also replace the front clip if its not damaged beyond the firewwall.
Sponsored