Sponsored

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Hi

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 4xe's and the cost of fixing after a collison. Wondering if my 10 month old is going to be totaled or not.

2022 wrangler 4xe.jpg
Why don't you let your insurance adjuster decide?

You're going to trust a bunch of internet nobodies? lol
Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
Need to see pics of driver side.

That being said, I'd venture to say it will be totaled. Unfortunately, with the limited supply of parts available nowadays, many insurance companies simply total the vehicle. My father works in the industry and has seen many vehicles with what appear to have simple fixes get totaled. It's just the way it is these days. Sorry for your vehicle. Good luck.
You are spot on here, my sport altitude had minimal damage (July 22) but parts availability pushed insurance to total it. Luckily for me, used prices were peaking and I was able to upgrade a bit.

ELJL

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hi

Was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 4xe's and the cost of fixing after a collison. Wondering if my 10 month old is going to be totaled or not.

2022 wrangler 4xe.jpg
How many miles do you have on it??

unknownsolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler Rubicon 4XE
Noooo...sorry for your loss, and glad you are OK. Honestly with a damage like that I would hope they total it, get your money back, and get another.

Resin Addict

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Moab, ā€˜22 HighTide, ā€˜59 Chevy Apache, ā€˜32 Ford
Occupation
Custom painter/freelance artist
Iā€™m seeing frame, which in turn could easily buckle the floor, I also see a big puddle of coolant underneath, which depending on how long the engine ran after the collision could lead to both engine and transmission damage, the fact that the passenger side front fender panel is affected shows how far the collision impact spreadā€¦Iā€™m willing to bet if there was a drivers side photo youā€™d see both front and rear door gaps affectedā€¦all of these combined with the parts availability issues (in my opinion) indicate itā€™ll be totaled.
If they do say theyā€™re going to fix it be sure to have them pull the seats and carpet to inspect the floor to make sure itā€™s not buckled.
And I know nothing about whatā€™s under the hood on an electric JL, so this also doesnā€™t take that aspect into account.

Sponsored

Integron

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Hi

2022 wrangler 4xe.jpg
If airbags deployed most often result is totalled.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear, OP.

If my JL got totalled, I ain't paying $60,000 for a new Jeep Wrangler. Don't get me wrong, I love Wranglers, but IMO they aren't worth the kind of money Jeep wants for them these days.

I'd probably get a used GMC Canyon AT4 and be done.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Just frustrating since we had to put so much down to get a decent payment and if totaled the money is a loss.
You don't mention who was at fault in the collision. If it was the other driver, possibly the claims process would provide reimbursement in such a manner as to limit or eliminate the loss of your personal equity.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
not sure if this is totaled but you could end up OK financially depending how your insurance company handles it. My daughter had a run in with a deer in November and totaled her 2017 Mazda 6. Insurance company went and found comps in my area and based my pay off on that info. I ended up getting paid 4K more than what I bought the car for 2 years ago.

OP
OP
GABEY70

GABEY70

First Name
Gabrielle Lima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4xe
He rear ended a GMC Sierra with a nice big hitch sticking out. ugghh

OP
OP
GABEY70

GABEY70

First Name
Gabrielle Lima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not worried about the pay off, it's a lease and it has Gap, so that will take care of all the money owed. It's getting the new one at a reasonable price without down grading or putting a ton of money down. I mean 60-71,000 makes for a chunk of a payment .

OP
OP
GABEY70

GABEY70

First Name
Gabrielle Lima
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't mention who was at fault in the collision. If it was the other driver, possibly the claims process would provide reimbursement in such a manner as to limit or eliminate the loss of your personal equity.
My Husband hit him and we live in Mi, No fault state.
Sponsored