First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
What sunshade is that, Currently trying to decide on one myself
That is a Bestop Trektop NX with the side panels removed- which works pretty well, since you can also fold the front part back to give you open air above the front seats. However, for the past two years, I haven't installed mine. Instead, I remove the hardtop, leave the Freedom panels installed, and install a tonneau cover.

The Bestop worked fine, but installing and removing the frame for the top was just too much of a pain. Once I found a tonneau cover, the Freedom panels provided as much of a top as I needed (and they're still easy to pop off to go totally topless).

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Little chilly at 6am this morning (1c out) but my 3 year old loved seeing the moon and stars.

20211028_065936.jpg

After I went home quick and took the doors off. So wierd driving with no doors lol. And no mirrors...shh don't tell anyone.

How do you guys keep the rear belts from flapping in the wind and making noise? And removing them is not an option
I buckle the back belts when no one is sitting there. Helps a little with the flapping.

Trailrated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JL Willys 2.0T
That is a Bestop Trektop NX with the side panels removed- which works pretty well, since you can also fold the front part back to give you open air above the front seats. However, for the past two years, I haven't installed mine. Instead, I remove the hardtop, leave the Freedom panels installed, and install a tonneau cover.

The Bestop worked fine, but installing and removing the frame for the top was just too much of a pain. Once I found a tonneau cover, the Freedom panels provided as much of a top as I needed (and they're still easy to pop off to go totally topless).
Thanks! I was curious about the functionality of just using the freedom panels for shade while the back shell was off. Might just be what I do for the time being

proptied

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR Snazz
Thanks @blnewt for the tip. :)

Enjoyed the weekend with the top off. Still amazed how much this color changes in different environments.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tops off 2 door pics! IMG_0982

Jeep Wrangler JL Tops off 2 door pics! IMG_0988

Sponsored

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Thanks @blnewt for the tip. :)

Enjoyed the weekend with the top off. Still amazed how much this color changes in different environments.

Everything on that Rubi is perfection~from the color combo, hood graphics, wheel tone=PERFECTO!

Then you go w/ the fender chop, lift that's just right, superb stubby bumper, top shelf winch, best Mickey tires, and on and on, something to aspire to most definitely! So well done sir!!!

Sponsored