1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
Hi all,

I recently bought a 2018 Sahara unlimited and when going over thejeep, the sales,an mention don’t go over 24 mph. When I queried him on it he stated this was in fact the rule...but then again, he is still solving the intricacies of replying to an email so....

Clearly, I have my doubts. What say you? What speed to shift to Hi or lo and top speed. I know what low is and does, so I imagine the top speed to be a fair bit lower than 24 mph.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1911addict

1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's 45 for 4H. In 4L you should be in N and no faster than 2-3 MPH, I prefer a dead stop.

I also have 1911s. :rock:

Thank you Sir, Yup, I have many1911s from an armscor to a Volkmann. I am sure I could have bought a new Jeep just by selling the collection, though most are commanders

OP
OP
1911addict

1911addict

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, they gave me one but it is just one and more like a quick start guide. Thanks for the reminder.

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Yes I'm sure and hope your salesman meant 4L, if not maybe he oughta sell Buicks!

As far as 4H I see no indication for a top speed, mine has certainly seen 80mph but not often. I regularly do 70 in snow (shouldn't cuz it's nuts) !! On dry pavement of course no speed is good unless you have a full time spot for your shift lever. lol

Whatever have fun!

Go Jeep!!!

AndyMcConnell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR, 2018 Entegra Insignia 44R
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, there is also the factor of having different speeds in relation to Shifting in and out of 4WD, versus driving while in 4WD. 4H does not appear to have a limit on speed while in 4WD, but shifting between 2H and 4H should be done under 45 MPH. 4L, I really dont know that there needs to be a stated max speed for driving in 4L, on the Rubicon at least, because it already feels like it is about to explose at 20 MPH or so when in 4L... cant imagine pushing it much higher than that!
Sponsored