Sponsored

Top speed.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I thought I’d read our JLs we’re limited to 95 mph. Hopefully that’s incorrect across the board for all models. I can say my 3.6L manual rubicon with 4.88 gears is not limited at 95 mph…
Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I don't think its really an issue.

I'm stock and 95 seems to be about as fast as I'd want to go. And I love to go fast.
The Jeep just doesn't talk to me that way. If anything it seems to feel like it "wants" to go pretty slow".

That's part of the reason I bought mine. It has slowed me down a lot.

A good friend has a 460 HP LT1 conversion Wrangler on 37 mudders and I'd guess he'd never think of going anywhere near 95. ha.

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
Thought I read that the 3.6 RubiconXR is limited to 110.

Dusty Roads

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Willys Sport
I don't think its really an issue.

I'm stock and 95 seems to be about as fast as I'd want to go. And I love to go fast.
The Jeep just doesn't talk to me that way. If anything it seems to feel like it "wants" to go pretty slow".

That's part of the reason I bought mine. It has slowed me down a lot.

A good friend has a 460 HP LT1 conversion Wrangler on 37 mudders and I'd guess he'd never think of going anywhere near 95. ha.
I get in the Jeep and it's just chill out and enjoy, jump in the 420 HP Z-71 and it's run cow run. I'm working today so I'm taking the Jeep with me. It's about a 120 mile run around the ranch if I check all the wells, battery's and meters. Depending on how the JLU works out there may be a Gladiator replacing the Z-71.

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Ehh, IMHO top speed is not relevant in a vehicle like the Wrangler. Not it's forte. And like @dcmdon mentioned, it's slowed me down a lot, which is probably a good thing!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Industrialwrench

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I know the roller-skate isn’t for speed. I was just surprised to see it going so fast. I’ve got an srt8 for moving fast.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
I just got mine, and I'm handing off my GC to my son. I feel the same as above ... The wrangler makes me want to drive slower, and I'm actually having more fun somehow.
I drove the GC for 8 years and regularly did 85ish on my highway commute. It just doesn't feel like I should be doing that on the wrangler. Not in a bad way, like it couldn't handle it, but in a good way, like. Going this speed because I want to ;) of course I've been off for the summer, not commuting, and the top and doors have only been on 2 days.

Last edited:

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
This has been discussed, years ago. I believe the 2018-2020 Sports were limited to 110. The Rubicons were limited to 95. I can't speak for the newer models. Those that say they would never co that fast are either thinking of older Jeeps, worn ones with a death wobble, those with larger tires, or they are just scared. The JL suspension, if tight, and stock, easily reaches 90 while feeling rock solid. But, if things get squirrelly, at those speeds, you are flat out "Screwed".

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
LOL what is the point of this thread? Are we supposed to think you're cool for driving so fast in your Jeep on public roads? If you've got a 14 year old Dodge for "going fast" why does a 95mph limit on the Jeep even matter? What's the speed rating of your tires? Why don't you start there. Hopefully nobody is around when you get hit by a strong cross wind.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Industrialwrench

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol. The Jeep has both speeds. Putting around and tearing ass. I didn’t make the rules…

OP
OP
Industrialwrench

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LOL what is the point of this thread? Are we supposed to think you're cool for driving so fast in your Jeep on public roads? If you've got a 14 year old Dodge for "going fast" why does a 95mph limit on the Jeep even matter? What's the speed rating of your tires? Why don't you start there. Hopefully nobody is around when you get hit by a strong cross wind.
wow, well my tires are doing just fine, and my 14 year old srt8 (with 62,000miles) still freaking rocks. Hope your day starts going better. 🍻

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I’ve seen “the Ton” once in the Jeep. I was still pulling pretty good, but that was all the speed I cared for😳. The Jeep works just fine for normal driving, but it’s not a high speed machine-stability, aerodynamic drag, etc. are all against ya😏

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Coming back from hot springs to Memphis I was cruising 90mph comfortably with the rest of traffic on my metalcloak lift and 35 MTs. I even forgot to reconnect my sway bar and it was fine lol.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Last edited: