Top Speed

smtp295

First Name
SMTP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
My friend owns a 2018 Rubi 2 doors, he have mentioned that his jeep doesn't go over 100mph maximum speed. Anyone has the same top speed ?
Sponsored

Sponsored

medawi

First Name
medawi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon
You're asking the wrong question.

The right question would be.. Why?
We both tested our cars to see the top speed, My JLR speed locks exactly at 100 mp/h but his JLU sport S keeps going until until reaching a top speed of about 125 mp/h. Im asking is this a factory issue?

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
We both tested our cars to see the top speed, My JLR speed locks exactly at 100 mp/h but his JLU sport S keeps going until until reaching a top speed of about 125 mp/h. Im asking is this a factory issue?
Usually tires are what manufacturers use to place speed governors. KO2s are Q rated, which is 99MPH top speed.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
And the same question applies... Why?
Some people like to have answers for things they don't know about. Why cross the Atlantic in 1700s? Why build computers to communicate? Why go over 20MPH?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Some people like to have answers for things they don't know about. Why cross the Atlantic in 1700s? Why build computers to communicate? Why go over 20MPH?
But those questions have real answers. Going dangerously fast doesn't have a purpose other than to increase your risk of death.

Assuming the same transmission, the difference will be in axle gearing.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
But those questions have real answers. Going dangerously fast doesn't have a purpose other than to increase your risk of death.
Oh STFU already. Going offroading, or purchasing an SUV can increase your risk of death too.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The butt hurt is strong in this thread. Speeds are generally limited by the speed rating for the tires. If you want to go above 100 in your Jeep, have it. Cremation and closed casket are options. All I ask is you don’t take innocent people out and don’t be a prick passing me. My Jeep wave will be a one finger salate

Brett

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Oh STFU already. Going offroading, or purchasing an SUV can increase your risk of death too.
Not nearly to the same degree and it does not pose a risk to innocent bystanders. You're projecting a false equivalency between speeding (a crime) and a recreational activity. If it's legal there in the UAE, have at it, but don't encourage people to be dangerous on public streets on the US. It is simply irresponsible.

aerosynch

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
My friend owns a 2018 Rubi 2 doors, he have mentioned that his jeep doesn't go over 100mph maximum speed. Anyone has the same top speed ?
My JLUR is also limited to 100MPH, most likely like others have said it is because of the tire rating from the factory BFG KO2s.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Not nearly to the same degree and it does not pose a risk to innocent bystanders. You're projecting a false equivalency between speeding (a crime) and a recreational activity. If it's legal there in the UAE, have at it, but don't encourage people to be dangerous on public streets on the US. It is simply irresponsible.
I answered a question someone posted, I never said pull Fast and Furious during rush hour traffic. Reading is comprehensive.
Sponsored