Sponsored

Top Amber Lights

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
If the OP is interested in pretty amber lights, there are a number of options. I think the Oracle lights in the grille are a bit overplayed at this point. It seems like I see several pickups or Jeeps every day that has the amber "pre-runner" lights in the grille.

I do actually like the Quadratec light bar that mounts inside at the top of the windshield better than the light bars that mount outside on top of the windshield or roof, and certainly better than clearance lights on the roof of a Jeep.

Another option would be some actual offroad lights that are functional at night when offroad, and have amber backlighting at night when on the street. Here is a picture of my TRX with two sets of Baja Design lights on a prerunner bar, and a 20" light bar behing the bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL Top Amber Lights 20240118_072629-

You could do something similar on a Jeep. I have a set of Baja Design LP4s on the a-pillars and a set of LP6s on the bumper, but I don't have a picture of my Jeep with it's Baja Designs lights with the amber backlighting on. But it would look similar to the lights on my TRX.

Caution: This would cost more than $17
Sponsored

OP
OP
lyad3618

lyad3618

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Just say no to cheap Chinese plastic surgery. This is way worse than the aforementioned skin tight affliction shirt and flat bill hat.
Jeep Wrangler JL Top Amber Lights 20200708_233750_0000

Jeep Wrangler JL Top Amber Lights png_20211012_215441_0000

Jeffy56

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Get the pre-runner specifically for JL.
I use them for DRL and trail use. They work. I have avoided a couple trail incidences already.

20231008_124302.jpg
Intel, please. I'm always looking for an edge when having to share trails with the SxS folks who drive like assholes. Thanks.

Jeffy56

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Intel, please. I'm always looking for an edge when having to share trails with the SxS folks who drive like assholes. Thanks.
Exactly. Other trail users are frequently going fast. A slight blind curve or dip often limits visibility. Since my unit does not have DRLs, useful street use too. The 3 ambers high up in the grill, much brighter than regular marker lights gets peoples attention. I rarely go fast, especially in low visibility. But I am seen. Others have more time to brake, or don't pull out in front of me. The pic doesn't do the pre-runners justice.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
The 3 ambers high up in the grill, much brighter than regular marker lights gets peoples attention. I rarely go fast, especially in low visibility.

But I am seen.
Although I've had no interest in goobers, what you say here makes it worth giving them additional consideration. Thanks.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Out here, frequently the dune runners also have a lighted orange flag. Some people still don't get it though.

The quads, buggies, "cars" crash into each other or go off cliffs.
Mm. If I had my way, they'd be banned from the private riding venue that we've used for Toys for Tots events, etc. in previous years.

If only they harmed just themselves... I know that sounds harsh, but a few close calls between them and I (and my riding buddies) buys a lot of latitude regarding our attitudes toward that crowd.

Sponsored

Jeffy56

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mm. If I had my way, they'd be banned from the private riding venue that we've used for Toys for Tots events, etc. in previous years.

If only they harmed just themselves... I know that sounds harsh, but a few close calls between them and I (and my riding buddies) buys a lot of latitude regarding our attitudes toward that crowd.
I agree. They destroy trails and create berms and washboards. They don't understand "Tread Lightly" and drive cross country.

Adventure_Awaits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well I am new to the Jeepin' thing and did not know any better. After having been hammered mercilessly for the last three days, I got the message: "duh" and learned my lesson🤔. I did learn about those lights and why trucks use them.
Being new to the Jeep lifestyle isn’t the issue. It’s being misled by the types of Jeep mods you might find in South Florida. The best piece of advice I can give is to NEVER EVER mess with the round headlights (‘87-‘06 YJ’s excluded) and NEVER EVER mess with the 7-slot grille. No front end Fab Four mods, no angry bird grills, etc. Other mods can be questionable but forgivable and chalked up to “meds quit working momentarily.”

OP
OP
lyad3618

lyad3618

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Being new to the Jeep lifestyle isn’t the issue. It’s being misled by the types of Jeep mods you might find in South Florida. The best piece of advice I can give is to NEVER EVER mess with the round headlights (‘87-‘06 YJ’s excluded) and NEVER EVER mess with the 7-slot grille. No front end Fab Four mods, no angry bird grills, etc. Other mods can be questionable but forgivable and chalked up to “meds quit working momentarily.”
Thanks for the advice. Too late for me. I already installed an 'angry bird' grille and I actually like it. I realize there are a million accessories/mods out there and you can end up spending many $$$$ on a dime.