Tire Rotation Question?

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
For those of you who have owned Wranglers in the past, I would appreciate some advice on tire rotations. Especially for the offroading-focused tires, do you recommend rotating only with oil changes? Or more often? And if the latter, approx how many thousands of miles do you go between rotations?

And when you rotate, do you rotate the spare into the rotation in order to prolong the life of the tires?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
For those of you who have owned Wranglers in the past, I would appreciate some advice on tire rotations. Especially for the offroading-focused tires, do you recommend rotating only with oil changes? Or more often? And if the latter, approx how many thousands of miles do you go between rotations?

And when you rotate, do you rotate the spare into the rotation in order to prolong the life of the tires?

Thanks in advance!
Hey Buddy just had my oil change done and yes the tire rotation. I like to rotate the spare into the mix so the wear is even so if your on a long range trip and tracking you don’t want to be uneven so yes MY opinion says to rotate all and final yes you do prolong the life of the tire naturally. Like I said it’s just what I do and feel it works best for me. Others might have better ideas than me so good luck fella Jeeper friend. See you on the trail

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I rotate every other oil change, or approximately 10,000 miles.

If you're doing a 5-tire rotation, just start at the spare and rotate in a clockwise direction every time. Easy to keep up with that way.

If you're doing a 4-tire rotation, the correct way is the cross-rotation method. Rears go forward, fronts cross and then go rearward.

AnthemAVM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I had a shop recommended for the Rubicon to do it every 2,500 miles. Seemed to work good for me as I got 40,000 out of the tires.
Sponsored