Sponsored

Third row seat?

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
I spoke to Baertrax a few weeks ago and they said that they were an installer/vendor for Little Passenger Seats until they went out of business. Baertrax said that they are developing their own 3rd row seats now that will soon be available for JK with a JL version to follow. He also offered to be me on a waiting/update list if interested in the JL version so you may want to reach out to them if you are.

https://baertrax.com/little-passenger-seats/
Any news. I hope to by a wrangler in a couple months. Adding a 3rd row for the occasional use would be great as I will be trading in a minivan on it lol.

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Any news. I hope to by a wrangler in a couple months. Adding a 3rd row for the occasional use would be great as I will be trading in a minivan on it lol.
I haven’t reached out to them. We actually used an aftermarket replacement for a CJ rear bench seat and made some custom brackets for the third row in our JL.

It wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Baertrax if you were interested. They should have more info by now.

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel
I haven’t reached out to them. We actually used an aftermarket replacement for a CJ rear bench seat and made some custom brackets for the third row in our JL.

It wouldn’t hurt to reach out to Baertrax if you were interested. They should have more info by now.
Can you post pics and a link to what you used?

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ecodiesel

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is the mounting plate your design? If so look into patenting it before others do. You might be able to get a licensing deal and make a few $$$.
I did take some inspiration from other setups but designed this to work with the JL. I'm not trying to make any money off of this thing. If you are looking for a solution you are welcome to use this one.

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
This is one of the reasons why I hope one day Jeep builds this extended concept. A third row would fit nicely with additional storage.

Jeep-Wrangler-Africa-concept-103.jpg
A

It's beautiful. Sorta of reminds me of a Range Rover, especially in what I'll assume will be its price.;)

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Little Passenger Seats is out of business, but the BaerTrax company that I mentioned is working to bring them back. I’d reach out to them if anyone is interested in a third-row setup like the one in this video.

Snowjeep

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Ridgeline
Isn't anyone concerned about putting small children in a location of their vehicle that is not built to seat occupants? I mean, typically Wranglers have not been the safest vehicles beyond the front seats. The rear seats have no airbags but are at least designed with passengers in mind. The idea of adding seating to the back of a Jeep just seems like throwing caution to the wind.

OP
OP

jlrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ6
I agree but it depends on how you plan to use the extra seating. If it's only for use on private property then I think it could be safe depending on the property.
Sponsored