Sponsored

Anyone have a third row in their unlimited?

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I have one for my 2008 JKUX. I used it a lot when my kids were little. I bought my jeep brand new and got that removable 3rd seat pretty much right after I bought it. Has anyone done that with her JLU?
Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
Honestly i never knew there was such a thing.The back of the JLU is small as #$% and i dont even see how a third row seat could be even implemented or fit knowing the fixed back seats and the headroom height. Will surely google some!

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
OMG i just searched this up , I am blown away how i even missed the endless possibilities! well, as a first time Jeep owner, you never know until you know!

OP
OP

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
My removable third row seat got TONS of use when my kids were little. I recommend it. It can fit an adult too if they’re willing to sit a little sideways and don’t mind imperfect seating. Perfect for kids.

Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
I once rode in the jump seat in the cargo area of a 30 year old Land Rover in the vicinity of Mt Kilimanjaro. I was surrounded by the luggage of a group of Lutheran missionaries from Minneapolis who offered to give me a ride to a village where I would be spending the next night. The driver said we would be taking an unlit dirt road at highway speeds for one hour. Everyone had to relieve themselves ahead of time because if we stopped on this road we would be beset upon by bandits, literally highwaymen. It may have been a Lutheran vehicle but I had a Zen experience becoming one with the luggage bouncing around and bruising me in the rear hold. Seat belts? Ha! Who needs seat belts?

Jigou

First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
We're looking at doing something like this in our JLU for temporary / very short distance travel. I'd PERSONALLY LOVE to find a "Little Passenger Seats" side-mount jump seat (https://www.jkowners.com/threads/third-row-jump-seat.338/) - that would fit our use case even better....but they're out of business, and apparently finding those used is akin to finding hen's teeth.

I'm starting to sniff around at "generic" jump seats that are typically used in cargo vans. (https://www.suburbanseats.com/c/flip--fold-seats is an example)