Sponsored

Things I Hate About The Wrangler 392!

Harrybeerbelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tackhawk
The Jeep brand, and particularly the Wrangler line, is a cash cow. It is the goose who lays the Golden egg! They will price these as high as the market will bear and we just keep buying them.

Look at Porsche: a simple design with minor model changes, massive profits, and enthusiasts buying every one they make. Same with Ferrari, same with Wranglers (especially Rubicons).

And we buy them allā€¦ šŸ˜ƒ

May be true but Jeep lost a sale here. Not because of cost but the wobble and wandering FCA seems to be so fond of. Im sure it can be improved with aftermarket parts however I am not going down that road again. Looking at other options that do not include FCA products.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you arenā€™t referring to me, otherwise you clearly skipped my very first sentence of this post. It is possible to love/appreciate something while finding flaws, or things that could have been better.
Thatā€™s what she said :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I had to dump $10k into mine just to correct the same things you detailed in this video and I still have another $2-3k to spend on steering upgrades. If I had to pay that on top of an $80k jeep.. oooff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to build one exactly like it but don't really 'need' that much power to do what I do with the Jeep.

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had to dump $10k into mine just to correct the same things you detailed in this video and I still have another $2-3k to spend on steering upgrades. If I had to pay that on top of an $80k jeep.. oooff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to build one exactly like it but don't really 'need' that much power to do what I do with the Jeep.
None of us really ā€œNEEDā€ a V8 Jeep, but since itā€™s available I had to have it! Iā€™m also hoping they offer it in the Gladiator eventually!

JAustin83

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler Rubicon 392
Occupation
Lead iOS Engineer and Engineering Manager
I am enjoying my 392. The complaints I have about it are about the same as with gladiator launch edition or the first JL I bought in 2018, after market parts. But that was expected.

it handles better than the JT or JLs I have had before, the power and torque are greatly appreciated both off-road and on. Even has its first badge of honor (black gap rd) and still sitting stock (hopefully not for too much longer)

I do wish Jeep would have done more, Uconnect 5, SRT upgrades, but I really only have two complaints for my 392.

1. why 33ā€ tires? But soon that will be fixed
2. 99 mph limit. I donā€™t like it but completely understand it

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
I hope you arenā€™t referring to me, otherwise you clearly skipped my very first sentence of this post. It is possible to love/appreciate something while finding flaws, or things that could have been better.
My post is more of a general "if the shoe fits" comment. So, if the shoe fits...

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
May be true but Jeep lost a sale here. Not because of cost but the wobble and wandering FCA seems to be so fond of. Im sure it can be improved with aftermarket parts however I am not going down that road again. Looking at other options that do not include FCA products.
Iā€™m with you! I had a 2018 JLU that went into the dealership(s) 8 times to try to fix the steering. It always had 2ā€ of slop no matter what was done.

In May, I traded that mess in on a 2021 JLR 2-door. There is no steering slop. Itā€™s gone! It drives like a $53,000 car! Weā€™ll, not that good, but you get the idea.

I believe the unsafe steering had multiple causes:
1) Frame design
2) Frame build, including robot programming
3) Maybe the aluminum box
4) Maybe the front track bar

The 2021 modelā€™s steering is fixed, but oh those brakes could use some upgrading. Iā€™m looking at the OPā€™s new brakesā€¦ yummy

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Gonna have to watch...Ordered my 392 earlier this month and now is D1 status, hope the things I hate videos isn't to harsh on my 392 dreams lol
What color and options did you order? I ordered early July and am still in D. SMH

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
This could definitely fall into the "never sell" category, especially if they are limited to a couple years.
Agree, my V10 Dodge PU, 392 GC,and 392 Rubi. May they last the rest of my life! Although it will hurt when the government pushes gas to sky high prices to get us out of them

Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Itā€™s the best muscle car ever. Adequate power, no handling no brakes, fast in straight lines.
If you want everything you go buy a Bentley, thatā€™s the fastest truck since more than a century ago. Then you start bitching it canā€™t rock crawl, whatā€™s wrong people?

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Agree, my V10 Dodge PU, 392 GC,and 392 Rubi. May they last the rest of my life! Although it will hurt when the government pushes gas to sky high prices to get us out of them
Sucks thats what they would do and it makes sense. Im trying to snag another V8 because you only live once and V8's are going away (at least new ones)

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
I wonder if they will make a true ā€œSRTā€ version eventually.
Correct me if I am wrong, but it appears that only supercharged vehicles has that badge from 2021 on.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase