Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
He may have been one of the first to do reviews on YouTube, but I find him rather repulsive and don't believe he has much knowledge other than from reading brochures. I NEVER watch his reviews.
Yeah. Last week he uploaded a video on the Rivian pickup truck. He goes up this steep incline, spinning tires and kicking up rocks like a total douche.

Range is EVs’ biggest weakness on the trail. On his video he talks about torque and clearance, but makes only a passing mention about range, saying that it appears to be “pretty good,” even though he only took the thing off-road for a total of 150 yards!

There’s a video out there of a couple that towed with their Rivian from Michigan to Los Angeles: they had to recharge every 100 miles! They stopped to recharge a total of 20 times, spending 20 hours of their trip charging along the way.

In the end Demuro declares the Rivian to be one of the best off-roaders on the market! Pffft...! What a tool.
Sponsored

DHW

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Attorney
I'm kinda regretting not getting the sky one touch top now ...
Same here. I have both other tops because I wanted the full open top offered by the soft top and the practicality of the hard top. I got both of those things, but swapping the tops out is such a pain in the ass that I'm not sure its worth it.

I love Doug btw!

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. I have both other tops because I wanted the full open top offered by the soft top and the practicality of the hard top. I got both of those things, but swapping the tops out is such a pain in the ass that I'm not sure its worth it.

I love Doug btw!
I was thinking hardtop but my dad convinced to get the sky one touch and I’ve found my self using it any chance I get.

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

Funny my XR 392 does not say that or show that when you start the Jeep. It just flashes a picture of a jeep and says wrangler lol guess jeep does whatever the hell they want? Or maybe Doug reviewed a 22 and mine is a 21 so that was a change? No idea, not that important but just thought that was funny.

Sponsored

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

It's amazing how some people loathe Doug, but then they also watch all his videos. Can't figure that out.
I like him. I even make my wife watch his videos with me. Sometimes when we are going to have sex and I take my underwear down I point to my ya know and say THISSSSSSSSSSS IS .........

OP
OP
GrayHawk20

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
Funny my XR 392 does not say that or show that when you start the Jeep. It just flashes a picture of a jeep and says wrangler lol guess jeep does whatever the hell they want? Or maybe Doug reviewed a 22 and mine is a 21 so that was a change? No idea, not that important but just thought that was funny.
Hoping there is a way to fix that, nice little touch..

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
Hoping there is a way to fix that, nice little touch..
For reference, at 10:41... If someone figures out how to get that graphic let me know
Jeep Wrangler JL Doug Demuro Reviews Jeep Wrangler 392 Xtreme Rubicon Screenshot_20211220-210306_YouTube

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I like Doug and I liked this video. I don’t expect him to be an expert on every car on the road, especially when he reviews so many. But I do enjoy his authenticity and excitement when he finds something different. The man clearly appreciates cars, but has a deep love for weird cars, and that’s what I think makes him entertaining. He might drive a Phantom, and McLaren and Raptor back to back, but it won’t match the smile on his face when he punches the pedal of a 392, squeezes into a Jimny or putts around in The Lo Res Car. No matter what he says in his critical portions of the review, his enthusiasm behind the wheel always comes through.

Last edited:

Sponsored

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
It's amazing how some people loathe Doug, but then they also watch all his videos. Can't figure that out.
Agreed, it's as if people love to find things to complain about. They could easily not watch a video he puts out and pass if they don't like him for whatever reason. He never claims to be an expert and is doing a review based on his opinion but yet that's enough for people to "loathe" or "hate" him. He praised the Wrangler 392 and people on this forum still find a way to criticize his review as if he didn't like it. In short, people are dumb.

abnormal4x4

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
I might stand a chance of making it through one of his reviews...if, he would just do voiceovers.
But then, I don't have to watch him, I come to y'all for Jeep reviews.

SPRINKLES

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, 2001 TJ
I believe Doug is incorrect in saying the XR is 1.5" over the non-XR 392. The two 392s have the same lift... which is 1.5" over a non-392 Rubicon.

He also should have mentioned the Offroad Plus feature. :D

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
And I like this review because he didn’t pretend to be an off-road expert. Some reviewers wearing polo and khakis drive a Land Rover at a walking pace over a 6 inch pile of dirt and declare it superior to any off road vehicle in history. Doug here didn’t pretend to know anything about off roading. He didn’t feel the need to show off the 392 going over rocks. People since 1941 already know it’s capable.
Well, Doug was pretending to be an off-road expert last week when he took a Rivian up a steep hill and back.

Perhaps he thought off-roaders weren’t going to watch that video...

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
He may have been one of the first to do reviews on YouTube, but I find him rather repulsive and don't believe he has much knowledge other than from reading brochures. I NEVER watch his reviews.
I really don't mean this as an attack on you. But, you don't watch him, yet think he doesn't have much knowledge about the cars.

On what do you base that opinion?

I've watched probably 150+ of his videos. I don't like or dislike his style - completely ambivalent. Yet, he knows probably 85% of what there is to know about every car he reviews. That's about 100 different cars per year. That's an INSANE amount of knowledge about cars.

Sure, I know more than he does about an F-body Camaro/Firebird, a 5th Gen Camaro, a Pontiac G8, and my Wrangler. Maybe a few more. But, he's reviewed several cars where I wouldn't even be able to open the door, and he knows details about how to change the voice in the infotainment system in it.
Sponsored