Sponsored

Things I Hate About The Wrangler 392!

slowpoke387

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLURXR Firecracker red
This. We’re lucky if we even see a 22 model year. The 392 will not be produced for very long.

Get them while you can until you’re eventually able to take an ambien and let AI do all your rock crawling and overlanding for you. It’s okay if you fall asleep. It will upload all your memories to Instagram and YouTube automatically for you to watch later. The future is here!
I agree with this. New guy here, first post. Waiting to order a ‘22 for the wife. Prob wont be the 392 unfortunately for me lol. I’m coming from the modern Hemi world, had a ‘15 SRT Challenger with the 392 and moved on to a Hellcat and now currently a Hellcat Red Eye. So naturally I’m curious about the reviews on this. I can tell you that the Challenger/Chargers are going electric in 2024 which will prob mean the end for the 392 unless they somehow offer both for a period of time which is unlikely. Depending on how they sell I’d imagine the 392 JL to be around until ‘24 but man it’s pricey and that may really affect sales. The super expensive Grand Cherokee Track Hawk with the Hellcat supercharged engine didnt sell well at all and leftovers languished on lots for literally years. If you look hard enough you can still now find leftover 2018’s. They recently finally discontinued it altogether. The 392 JL is a curiosity for me so I’ll be watching it here while we wait to order her JLUR.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Tires are subjective IMO, I would never run a 37" tire, but the points on the brakes and suspension are possibly valid. Were these issues a result of adding the 37" tires, or was this always a problem even with the stock tires?
The braking and handling were weak from day one. Honestly, I don’t think the 37’s made it any worse at all. It’s more so the fact that these components weren’t properly matched to the motor.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I agree with this. New guy here, first post. Waiting to order a ‘22 for the wife. Prob wont be the 392 unfortunately for me lol. I’m coming from the modern Hemi world, had a ‘15 SRT Challenger with the 392 and moved on to a Hellcat and now currently a Hellcat Red Eye. So naturally I’m curious about the reviews on this. I can tell you that the Challenger/Chargers are going electric in 2024 which will prob mean the end for the 392 unless they somehow offer both for a period of time which is unlikely. Depending on how they sell I’d imagine the 392 JL to be around until ‘24 but man it’s pricey and that may really affect sales. The super expensive Grand Cherokee Track Hawk with the Hellcat supercharged engine didnt sell well at all and leftovers languished on lots for literally years. If you look hard enough you can still now find leftover 2018’s. They recently finally discontinued it altogether. The 392 JL is a curiosity for me so I’ll be watching it here while we wait to order her JLUR.
I think it’s selling much better than the grand Cherokee track hawk and maybe that will keep it around longer than 2021 but it’s Stelantis number one priority to have the entire line up electric and this hemi is far from it. That’s why I’m scooping one up… one of the last V8‘s while also being the first.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Things I hate about the 392... Well, there is only one thing and that is 392 owners that do not appreciate what they have that others cannot afford.
Well I for one will GREATLY appreciate it and drive it for many years to come.

Sponsored

el_guapo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper, JLU 392
Well I for one will GREATLY appreciate it and drive it for many years to come.
This could definitely fall into the "never sell" category, especially if they are limited to a couple years.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
This could definitely fall into the "never sell" category, especially if they are limited to a couple years.
Agree, planning on trying to get a few V8 cars in additional to this so I can at least have that experience before they are phased out. I saw an article how Mercedes is already not selling V8's anymore for 2022.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Agree, planning on trying to get a few V8 cars in additional to this so I can at least have that experience before they are phased out. I saw an article how Mercedes is already not selling V8's anymore for 2022.
So sad! I get it but dont shove this crap down our throats

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
I read that when Stellantis took over they basically told all their automotive groups something to the effect of: "Ok, you guys have 10 years to prove yourselves. Only the ones who do will get any investment". In other words, how I interpret it, those who aren't up to the task will not exist in 10 years. So it's almost like the clock is ticking loudly and it's no wonder Jeep and others are racing to develop all electrics and ditch the V8. (Toyota said the same thing in that they just aren't spending any more money on improving the V8 engine, that's done and dusted.) I predict that in just 2 years very few car manufacturers will offer a V8, unless it's a very expensive GM truck or Lexus high-end sports car or something like that most people can't afford.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
They skimped on a bunch of things they include on SRT’s. Seems like it would have been a reasonably easy fix for most of this stuff they already have on SRT models.
Jeep is all about squeezing every last piece of profit from the customer so why should they provide this when they know people will buy it without it? :like:

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
The Jeep brand, and particularly the Wrangler line, is a cash cow. It is the goose who lays the Golden egg! They will price these as high as the market will bear and we just keep buying them.

Look at Porsche: a simple design with minor model changes, massive profits, and enthusiasts buying every one they make. Same with Ferrari, same with Wranglers (especially Rubicons).

And we buy them all… 😃

OP
OP
ShockerRacing

ShockerRacing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojito! Wrangler 392, 2020 Neon Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Things I hate about the 392... Well, there is only one thing and that is 392 owners that do not appreciate what they have that others cannot afford.
I hope you aren’t referring to me, otherwise you clearly skipped my very first sentence of this post. It is possible to love/appreciate something while finding flaws, or things that could have been better.
Sponsored