The new SuperChip for JL......

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
What are some of the best features for Sport S model and what are some of the smaller features that haven't been talked about but are very handy? Mine comes in tomorrow. I know I can do sway bar disconnect with a Sport S like i would be able to with a Rubicon, so keep in mind the trim level. Thanks!
Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Doesn’t the SuperChip have a website, which notes it’s functionality? That would seem to be the most definitive source for productive and complete information.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
What are you looking for??

Ideas? Thoughts?

It's a programmer. It essentially does the same thing the tazer does except for the silly lighting show and perhaps something else I'm forgetting about. I haven't ever paid for an update and it was again, cheaper to begin with. Not sure why you're getting hostile over a tazer, but I hope your day gets better .
Doesn’t the SuperChip have a website, which notes it’s functionality? That would seem to be the most definitive source for productive and complete information.
Yes i have been on their site, but they list ALL features, ones that only work on Rubicon and not other trim levels. So that's why i was curious about users who have sahara, sport, etc... what their thoughts were. And although it states things online it doesnt go into all the details. Some who's messed around with it can have more info than a list on their web page. Thats all. But i guess i wont use the forum and ill just go wing it.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sure it does, but one of the biggest reasons to be on forum is to ask for/ receive hands on experiences, things you can’t get from instruction manual.....:)

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Sure it does, but one of the biggest reasons to be on forum is to ask for/ receive hands on experiences, things you can’t get from instruction manual.....:)
Absolutely! That’s part of my informed purchase equation. I offered my suggestion based on the “New” in the thread header.

In any event, I trust that this proves to be a productive thread for a new component.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Yes i have been on their site, but they list ALL features, ones that only work on Rubicon and not other trim levels. So that's why i was curious about users who have sahara, sport, etc... what their thoughts were. And although it states things online it doesnt go into all the details. Some who's messed around with it can have more info than a list on their web page. Thats all. But i guess i wont use the forum and ill just go wing it.
I have a Rubicon, but if you have any questions to specifics let me know. I haven't had any problems with it but I haven't messed with settings like ESS disable or auto park disable.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a Rubicon, but if you have any questions to specifics let me know. I haven't had any problems with it but I haven't messed with settings like ESS disable or auto park disable.
Yea ive heard auto park doesnt work on the superchip. Curious to see!

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Yea ive heard auto park doesnt work on the superchip. Curious to see!
Doesn’t work on tazer mini either......:(.
I'll try it out today hopefully and get back to you .I think I remember reading somewhere that they both use fairly similar code or one company took another companies code or something to that effect .

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'll try it out today hopefully and get back to you .I think I remember reading somewhere that they both use fairly similar code or one company took another companies code or something to that effect .
I have a Trail Dash and really like it, I beta tested it and it was greatly improved through testing. I am not worried about auto park - I can back a trailer up in my mirrors or over my shoulder and don’t need to open a door. I have sport as well and I like the fact that I can monitor many different vehicle functions as well as essentially have off-road pages with the swipe of the screen. No complaints from me, they have been very easy to work with.

My ESS disable works 100% of the time Incase anyone was wondering.

I also like having ability to upgrade when I am ready and tune which other programmers/tuners don’t have yet.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a Trail Dash and really like it, I beta tested it and it was greatly improved through testing. I am not worried about auto park - I can back a trailer up in my mirrors or over my shoulder and don’t need to open a door. I have sport as well and I like the fact that I can monitor many different vehicle functions as well as essentially have off-road pages with the swipe of the screen. No complaints from me, they have been very easy to work with.

My ESS disable works 100% of the time Incase anyone was wondering.

I also like having ability to upgrade when I am ready and tune which other programmers/tuners don’t have yet.
Yea the auto park is just if u need to back up a few inches and dont want to close the door really, not a huge deal. So you have the sport or sport s? and what size screen the 7 or 8.4 inch? Ive heard the 7'' screen doesnt allow off-road pages.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
I have Flashcal and it works well. The only feature that I've had trouble with is ESS disable. It does disable ESS, but that also disables remote start. Emails and questions posted on Superchips' website remain unanswered whether they'll fix it. Once warmer weather arrives, I'll disable ESS since I won't be using remote start.

OP
OP
Archer85

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have Flashcal and it works well. The only feature that I've had trouble with is ESS disable. It does disable ESS, but that also disables remote start. Emails and questions posted on Superchips' website remain unanswered whether they'll fix it. Once warmer weather arrives, I'll disable ESS since I won't be using remote start.
Any features u didnt know about that were cool? Were you able to get the off-road pages? (what trim do you have?). THanks so much for input.

MaineLotus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Moab
The website for Flashcal lists the features, so no surprises. Some things aren't really clear though - I'm not entirely sure what the locker feature really does. I'll likely be adding Rubicon axles with lockers and hoping to use Flashcal to enable the locker feature, but it may require dealer programming. My trim level - Moab and already have off-road pages.
Sponsored