Sponsored

JKS Flashcal vs Superchip Flashcal?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
What is the difference between these two products?
  • Superchips 3571-JL Flashcal F5 Programmer for 18-20 Jeep Wrangler JL
  • JKS Manufacturing PWT3571JL J-Cal /Flashcal Programmer for 18-21 Jeep Wrangler JL with 3.6L
They look identical but made by different manufacturers. The list of features is identical. Only difference I see is JKS is only for 3.6L engine and the price difference.

I like the user interface of the Flashcal over the Tazer and Procal by far, and although some of the extra features of the Tazer are interesting, I don’t like that those features require a unit to stay plugged in and just messing with vehicle to levels that I think ask for trouble.

I am interested in tire size (most fine grained), regearing maybe, setting TPMS lower, keeping fog lights on while headlights on.

Links:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/superchips/flashcal-f5-programmer-jeep-wrangler-jl-3571jl

https://www.quadratec.com/p/jks-manufacturing/j-cal-programmer-jeep-wrangler-jl-3.6l-pwt3571jl
Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Although I was super excited about the Tazer’s ability to “disable” the engine stop/start feature, the more I read about it the less I like how it has to be implemented. I.e. stay plugged in all the time and fool the car on every start.

Anyways, what’s the difference between JKS and Superchip offering the same product? Will upgrades be offered by both?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Is there a “box” that I can plug in, turn ESS off, and then remove?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Thank you

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@FunWagon

With what you said ... you sound like a guy that would be far better off going with JSCAN.

Not sure why you would think a Tazer JL Lite or Mini would "implement" so much more differently then the two units you are asking about.. or that they would be less of a headache, etc..

For you, I'd say go with JSCAN and also buy a SmartStopStart unit for $129 which you can someday resell and recoop some of your $. All the SSS unit does in essence is remembers the last ESS button push you made and does it for you when the JL starts up..

And if not JSCAN, I'd go Tazer JL and not either of the two you were asking about....

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
If you are interested is few items you have listed, OBDJSCAN can do it all, total cost for App licensing, bypass wires and bluetooth OBD2 transmitter is $70. All changes remain when you unplug OBD2 ... I keep bypass wires in just so I dont misplace them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are interested is few items you have listed, OBDJSCAN can do it all, total cost for App licensing, bypass wires and bluetooth OBD2 transmitter is $70. All changes remain when you unplug OBD2 ... I keep bypass wires in just so I dont misplace them.
@BlackGenesis

The OP's comments implying he wants to deal with ESS had me suggest going with JSCAN and with a SmartStopStart unit also... JSCAN does NOT deal with ESS in a reasonable manner...

I was a long time Tazer JL owner/user.... but, for the last year or more, I have been running with JSCAN and a SSS unit... I do miss the Tazer JL Mini but what I am using now does what I need done at this time..

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don’t understand why no ones answered the OP’s question 🙄. The two are different likely because of the model years it covers. I’m pretty sure an ECM from a JK is significantly different from a JL. I have a flashcal and it’s works great and fits my needs. The other two programmers are great too as you can see…. but it seems that you’re looking for just basic functionality which flashcal does just fine. But to get the best answer you should email or DM superchips on the forum about this. @Superchips JL @Superchips_Mrktg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@KrzybonesJLU

I did not go into it.... but all it is, is that JKS Manufacturing and Superchips have collaborated on the J-Cal/Flashcal Programmer for the JL. Both are a Flashcal..... from Superchips..

After reading what the OP said, sounds like he would be better off with JSCAN......

Sponsored

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Thanks. I looked at some JSCAN videos to get an idea and their website. Interesting. But it’s not clear from their website if you can set the TPMS threshold (as opposed to completely turning it off), and if you can enable fog light while having high beams.

@FunWagon

With what you said ... you sound like a guy that would be far better off going with JSCAN.

Not sure why you would think a Tazer JL Lite or Mini would "implement" so much more differently then the two units you are asking about.. or that they would be less of a headache, etc..

For you, I'd say go with JSCAN and also buy a SmartStopStart unit for $129 which you can someday resell and recoop some of your $. All the SSS unit does in essence is remembers the last ESS button push you made and does it for you when the JL starts up..

And if not JSCAN, I'd go Tazer JL and not either of the two you were asking about....

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@FunWagon

You can do both with JSCAN plus more:

I used to set-up:

Fogs with High Beams:
ADAPTATION --> Vehicle user settings -> Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable On/Off --> Target Value = Deactivated

Disables Weather Alerts.. Do know it also disables Travel Link:
ADAPTATION ---> Radio user settings --> SDAR Travel Link Feature Present On/Off--> Target Value = Deactivated

DRL's are amber in color full-time... versus white ..
ADAPTATION ---> DRL - Day time running lights - settings --> DRL Lamp Location --> Turn Signal DRL

You can do TPMS. Forum search for info..
For TPMS, set “max load” to 25, do not worry about setting min..
Sponsored