Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Have you seen our brand new Flashcal+ yet? Checkout our latest youtube video demonstrating the key differences between it and our tried and true Flashcal F5.

Sponsored

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU)
Yes, and until its updated.....a lot, I'd recommend staying away from it.

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I know you posted some on the Flashcal+ release thread, but did you have specific issues with the device that our team is looking into?

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Can you confirm @Superchips_Mrktg if the original Flashcal can help me switch foglight settings from halogen over to LED? Its been something I have been trying and failing to find in the menus. And if you can, can you point me in the right direction?

OP
OP
Superchips_Mrktg

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Can you confirm @Superchips_Mrktg if the original Flashcal can help me switch foglight settings from halogen over to LED? Its been something I have been trying and failing to find in the menus. And if you can, can you point me in the right direction?
In the vehicle settings of the device, there should be an options labeled 'Halo Lights', once you select that, just switch from Disabled to Enabled.

Sponsored

mikeferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Diesel
Any timeframe on when it will support the diesel?

C0ach78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
WHat makes you say this? I haven't found any reviews of the FlashCal + so I am very interested in what you think/know about it.

I almost pulled the trigger on the TZR but would like something a little more user friendly and thought this might be it.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHat makes you say this? I haven't found any reviews of the FlashCal + so I am very interested in what you think/know about it.

I almost pulled the trigger on the TZR but would like something a little more user friendly and thought this might be it.
I've posted a review on here, the JT forum as well as in the apple app store.

Check it out here....and as of today, still holds true. I have all 3 programmers and would still recommend avoiding this one. Which sucks because it has a great interface and great potential. They rarely ever update it either, while the others are quite active with their updates an enhancement.

(2) Superchips Flashcal+ Initial Review | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I have the Flashcal+ and purchased it for three reasons: turn off the ESS system (works about 90% of the time), change tire size (which uses my phone's GPS for better accuracy), and to change gear ratio to 4.88 gears. I have had no issues with the program. Bonus, I can now leave my factory fog lights on when my high beams are on.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

@Dr. RGB

Funny... it works 90% of the time....
I know, it is strange how it works for a good amount of time and then all of the sudden at a stop light, the engine shuts off...... Then I push the ESS button again and it works again for a few weeks. 😒

C0ach78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6

Check it out here....and as of today, still holds true. I have all 3 programmers and would still recommend avoiding this one. Which sucks because it has a great interface and great potential. They rarely ever update it either, while the others are quite active with their updates an enhancement.

(2) Superchips Flashcal+ Initial Review | Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, 4xe, 392 - JLwranglerforums.com
Just read your write-up, thanks for all of the info. Have you messed with it much since then, have there been any updates?

I seen you have the TZR, what is the 3rd one you have. Which would you recommend?

I am in a 2020 JLU Rubicon, if that helps you make a recommendation.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

In all fairness, 90% of my issues revolve around what I feel are petty nuances that shouldn't be there for what we pay for this. And I have those with JScan and Tazer as well. For the average user, I feel the Flashcal+ has the most potential and the best interface. I just wish Superchips didn't treat it like a side item that rarely has their attention. Sooo much wasted potential in my opinion.

snapper692

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just read your write-up, thanks for all of the info. Have you messed with it much since then, have there been any updates?

I seen you have the TZR, what is the 3rd one you have. Which would you recommend?

I am in a 2020 JLU Rubicon, if that helps you make a recommendation.
See post #13 I mdae above. Right now, I use jScan for my settings and my Tazer (unmarried) for ESS disable, as well as the Tazer shortcuts (rear dash cam activation when double tapping the mute button, disabling all traction control). There have been 2 updates to Flashcal+ since I last used it, but per their relese notes, there have been no updates that address any of my concerns. So as of right now, it just sits looking pretty on my desk. :)

That being said, If any of the items I posted don't bother you, then go for it.....Maybe if more people start buying it they'll start doing more worthwhile updates. My Tazer isn't 100% on everything every time either, so none of them are perfect.
Sponsored