Sponsored

jeepinoutwest

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport, 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere
Thanks Sharkbite. Looks great! I have a sport on the way and am piecing together my mods list now.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 Viper
Not so certain that the manual is "cheaping out!"

There are many who would judge the manual to be an upgrade....
I agree. One of my absolute demands when shopping for my JL was that it had to be a stick. I just love to row those gears myself.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport, 2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 2013 Viper
I'll second the vote for the Mopar side steps. I really dislike "side steps", "running boards", etc, but have learned that since I live on a gravel road, ever since the TJ's they are imperative for keeping rock chips off the sides. These do the job well and don't look too horrible. :)
I will also vouch for the Mopar side steps. They took me all of 15 minutes to install and i think they really look great. And they do a super job of keeping rocks off the paint.

Mopar Fan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing against the Rubicon or Sahara or 4 doors, but the 2 Dr sports don't get a lot of love on the forums and not everything applies to them. The aftermarket has been slow to release 2Dr specific parts and not everything is interchangeable from a 2Dr to 4Dr or the other models. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread dedicated to 2Dr sports whether it be a new mod you did or accessory you bought or whatever. I'm just starting out with mine and am already finding a lot conflicting information about what works and what doesn't and thought others might also.

I haven't done much so far, it's only three weeks old but I'm working on the list of required equipment by my local clubs so I can do some trail riding. I did get black Weathertech floor liners for the front and they fit perfect (part #4413131).

I installed the trailer hitch leftover from my JK and it fit perfect. HOWEVER, the wire harness is completely different and you need an auxiliary harness with switching module that requires a 12v lead run up to the fuse box in the engine compartment. Something like this:

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2018_Jeep_JL+Wrangler.htm

So post a picture of what you got or what you've done and hopefully this thread will stay alive for a while and be a resource for future 2Dr sport owners.

20180913_192139.jpg
For me, the two door six-speed Sport S was the only way to go. It's not my daily ride so I didn't want all the bells and whistles of the upper models (heated seats, leather, etc), but it has everything I need. And I wanted the soft top because even though I will almost never drive with the top up, it's nice to have it quickly available if the weather suddenly changes.

In the past month of ownership I have added the following:
Mopar side steps
Mopar all weather floor mats
Mopar gas door
Mopar door sill guards
Stubby antenna
Spare tire cover
Grab handles
Aux side mirrors for doorless driving

I'm just getting started and can't wait to blow some more cash on this baby!

20181004_172243.jpg

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I will also vouch for the Mopar side steps. They took me all of 15 minutes to install and i think they really look great. And they do a super job of keeping rocks off the paint.
I know most of us 2 door owners rarely, if ever, have passengers in the back seat, but the side steps make getting out much easier for rear passengers.

Sponsored

jeepinoutwest

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport, 2017 Yamaha Super Tenere
Sweet! That'll be my first mod. Can't wait for her arrival.

SunnyBuck1981

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2017 Honda CRV
My base 6 speed with AC and Limited Slip. It now has 33" tires, a front bumper, and winch.

20180827_094037-X2.jpg

20180923_114956-X2.jpg

Was gonna get a better picture today after it was washed, but was too tired.....
Which bumper and winch did you go with, is that the smittybuilt xrc2?

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Which bumper and winch did you go with, is that the smittybuilt xrc2?
No, it's the cheap one from Ext. T. It's the cheapest Barricade....$269 I believe. I chose it for price and design. I decided I didn't wast a stubby, nor did I want a full wigth "bull" bumper.

These do not get the best reviews, but it was worth a chance for me. The finish on this one was good overall with no thin spots. All bolt holes lined up and everything fit as it should.

Are there better ones out there? Of course there are.... However, if you want a winch bumper that does not weigh a ton, that does not break the bank, and looks OK, this one might work for you.

As a word of caution....This bumper is made out of 3/16 steel and may not hold uo to really heavy duty useage. That's fine for me but may not be good for you.
Sponsored