Sponsored

Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The only benefit of the mirrors staying on with the doors off, is saving the owner from having to buy a simple bare bones set for on road legality and blind spot checking.
For doors off, yea. But for a lot of the tube doors and the Bestop fabric doors you can't just buy the 20-dollar Quadratec mirrors; you're gonna have to shell out a couple hundred for something a step up that mounts elsewhere, unfortunately.

It's a give-and-take. Though that particular issue is likely not prevalent enough to warrant an entire design change, I would concede.
Sponsored

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
A better example of what I'd like to see jeep follow suit of Ford on, is Dana 44's on all trims with optional front and back lockers.
Amen! đź‘Ť

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I seen my first Bronco yesterday followed by my second one about 5 minutes later. In all honesty, I thought it was ass ugly in person. It looked much worse than in pictures. The only redeeming thing I could say is that they were both 4 door(2 door definitely looks better on the Bronco) and neither were Sasquatch. Street tires were on. I was still surprised at the appearance though.

Reactions: VNT

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Edit: My cousin canceled his Bronco order, lol! Guess I won’t be checking it out after all!

I have seen a few around. They just do not look quite right to me without the squatch package though.

The 2 door in the squatch looks kind of bad ass in my opinion, and the 4 door not too shabby either. I do agree, they do look big. They will find a spot in many people's garages and driveways, once Ford starts pumping them out.

My Cousin has a 2 door with the squatch package ordered and last check was supposed to get it this Fall. I am looking forward to checking it out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I have seen a few around. They just do not look quite right to me without the squatch package though.

The 2 door in the squatch looks kind of bad ass in my opinion, and the 4 door not too shabby either. I do agree, they do look big. They will find a spot in many people's garages and driveways, once Ford starts pumping them out.

My Cousin has a 2 door with the squatch package ordered and last check was supposed to get it this Fall. I am looking forward to checking it out.
I agree they don’t look very good without the Sasquatch package…that said a base sport JL without bigger tires/wheels looks a bit meh also….

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I traveled last weekend to buy my new truck. The salesman picked me up in his 4 door Badlands with the Sasquatch package. Doors off, roof down. I just do not understand the negative posts about the Bronco. The interior seems way more modern to me than the Wrangler. The materials no better or worse. The lack of a center bar made the top down experience nicer for sure. Mounted mirrors are a great idea Jeep forces you to go aftermarket for. Super cool rig IMO, if it were my vehicle to drive, the Wrangler would get the boot from my garage.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I just do not understand the negative posts about the Bronco.
Jeep forum = heavy negative reinforced bias

I've only seen 1 Bronco driving by but of course have seen lots of pictures online and have my own preorder in. Agree with most of what you say.
The positives on the Wrangler that don't seem to be discussed enough is better view and smaller footprint better for the turning radius and parking (already discussed for trails). The interior of the Wrangler seems to be slightly better minus the fantastic 12" screen on the Bronco. Also the option in the Wrangler to have a non-turbo engine or big V8 (even though I have the 2.0T).
Going to make a more informed decision once I actually get to test drive one.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Saw several in Moab last week. Thought they looked sharp! The do look really big, which is weird because they’re not. Ford’s design plays tricks on the eyes.
They look big due to having brick front and wider body that's sits more over wheels. About 6" wider body, 2" wider track. While wrangler has narow front with wheels complete outside of the body.
It fits well into Slab fad (80s cars )

Screenshot_20210921-185400_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Interior looks like former playschool engineers designed it, Ford is stuck in 90s.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Not to sound like a homer but a Jeep Wrangler is not an SUV, it’s an off road vehicle that can also be driven on the road. If you want an SUV then you should compare the Bronco to other SUV’s like the Land Rovers, Toyota Land Cruiser etc and then see how it compares.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I just do not understand the negative posts about the Bronco.
I'm not trying to be "negative," I'm posting my objective opinion that it was hideous in person. I was not expecting to dislike the appearance as much as I thought I would. While a Sasquatch would likely be different, I don't think a base JL Sport looks half as bad as a Bronco did on street tires. I do agree about the interior, it looks fine and the complaints sound like cherry picking more than anything. For an off-roading vehicle the interior is very nice.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Interior looks like former playschool engineers designed it, Ford is stuck in 90s.
So you are admitting you haven't been in a Bronco then :CWL: The look and layout of the dash in the Bronco is space age compared to the Wrangler. Both the instrument panel and the center screen are a decade more modern than the Wrangler. The design is MUCH cleaner and more modern than the Wrangler, anybody who has actually looked could see that...

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I'm not trying to be "negative," I'm posting my objective opinion that it was hideous in person. I was not expecting to dislike the appearance as much as I thought I would. While a Sasquatch would likely be different, I don't think a base JL Sport looks half as bad as a Bronco did on street tires. I do agree about the interior, it looks fine and the complaints sound like cherry picking more than anything. For an off-roading vehicle the interior is very nice.
I am generally not a fan of "base model" anything. I like the look of the Rubicons but something like a sport Gladiator leaves me cold. I would have to have a Sasquatch Bronco as well.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
So you are admitting you haven't been in a Bronco then :CWL: The look and layout of the dash in the Bronco is space age compared to the Wrangler. Both the instrument panel and the center screen are a decade more modern than the Wrangler. The design is MUCH cleaner and more modern than the Wrangler, anybody who has actually looked could see that...
Its not really the inside that bothers me, I just dont like the new look. They look cheap (and they may not be, just an opinion)
Sponsored