Sponsored

Teraflex vs MetalCloak

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
I've run Teraflex parts on Jeeps for 22 years and MetalCloak parts for 7 years. Both are top shelf.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
By no means have you messed up or done anything wrong. Our spacers are intended to be stackable, so no worries at all. The only advice I'd give is to not stack the spacers over 3 tall.
is that 3 inches tall? or 3 spacers stacked together?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I've run Teraflex parts on Jeeps for 22 years and MetalCloak parts for 7 years. Both are top shelf.
This is the answer your I am looking for! Have you used the long arm kit for either yet?

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
is that 3 inches tall? or 3 spacers stacked together?
Yes.

Jokes aside, we don't recommend over 3 spacers stacked, but anything past 3 inches of spacer wouldn't be a great idea either.

Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
I'd be lying if I said we haven't heard this a lot lately. We've been doing a TON of back end work to our website for updating and reflecting current inventory, along with adding new products and the entire AllTera line, and it's created a few bugs and slow loading pages.
Not that I'm in the market for any suspension parts right now, but I got to love a company that's honest about their shortcomings. That's pretty huge for me! 😍 :rock: 😎

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I have a Metalcloak 3.5 Gamechanger. I had it installed but had to straighten it out after getting it back all katiwompus. So, I've had all the links off and back on at least twice. I think it's good quality stuff.

I have Teraflex Delta brakes and tire carrier. Both seem great.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

Every day I’m more confused about metal cloak, RK, Terraflex, or a good ol cheap Rancho lift lol.
Of you are looking for a decent budget lift check out JKS mfg kits. I have been running mine for almost four years with our any issues. I do recommend getting fox shocks or a good set of falcon shocks to pair with their kit though

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I was bouncing back and forth between Rock Crawler, Clayton and TeraFlex lift for my new build. I just ordered the Game changer 2.5 paired with a tie rod and drag link from MetalCloak. However, I opted out of the rock sport shocks. After talking to some individuals locally and reading some reviews the Rock sports are pretty plush. So I'm planning on pairing it with the Falcon SP2 3.3's and the Nexus Steering Stabilizer. reading up on the new(ish) shocks from Falcon they have made them a little bit more plush but not as soft as Fox or Rock Sport which is kind of what I'm wanting for my build. I've heard that the Falcons pair well with the spring rates for Metalcloak... We'll see!!

As far as customer service well, After ordering I received a welcome phone call from Metalcloak to see if I had any questions and give me a POC for any of my concerns and questions about my order. This is something that I haven't ever experienced when purchasing items.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Every day I’m more confused about metal cloak, RK, Terraflex, or a good ol cheap Rancho lift lol.
Cost always comes into play. Everyone has to search their wallet and balance the cost of toys against whatever else is going on in their life. Nobody can help you there...except maybe your wife. ;)

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I loved my Ranco 2.0 lift that I had on my 19 JLUR. it served me well and got me everywhere I needed to when I lived in CO. though it is cheaper I wouldn't consider it a "cheap" lift the 9000XL shocks paired with a decent set of front controls arms will get you a lot of places off the beaten trail or even help with on road manner if you don't "wheel".

With my current 20 JLUR, I plan on doing a bit more so I opted for metal cloak with Falcon shocks. I honestly don't think it matters what you pick and there are loyalist for every brand, and each brand have their pros/cons. Find one that best suits what you do and/or want to do and what will fit your budget. don't buy into all the hype for X brand. Hell I've taken my current Jeep and have put it into some pretty crazy places straight stock, I have found the limits of what it can do as far as Flex and now it's time to upgrade. My mentality I adopted from some seasoned enthusiast is wheel it, find your limits/the Jeeps limits then and only plan and build to fit your needs.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was bouncing back and forth between Rock Crawler, Clayton and TeraFlex lift for my new build. I just ordered the Game changer 2.5 paired with a tie rod and drag link from MetalCloak. However, I opted out of the rock sport shocks. After talking to some individuals locally and reading some reviews the Rock sports are pretty plush. So I'm planning on pairing it with the Falcon SP2 3.3's and the Nexus Steering Stabilizer. reading up on the new(ish) shocks from Falcon they have made them a little bit more plush but not as soft as Fox or Rock Sport which is kind of what I'm wanting for my build. I've heard that the Falcons pair well with the spring rates for Metalcloak... We'll see!!

As far as customer service well, After ordering I received a welcome phone call from Metalcloak to see if I had any questions and give me a POC for any of my concerns and questions about my order. This is something that I haven't ever experienced when purchasing items.
I went with the Rocksports when my 3.5 MC lift went on. I just really didn't want to put more time in to research another component to death. I know they're a relatively cheap lower quality shock and I'll have to replace them some day. But I don't drive my jeep like a desert racer and my speed of crawling doesn't seem like much of a test of shocks. If that turns out differently, I'll throw some money at shocks. For now, they ride nice on the street and damp without any oscillations.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

I went with the Rocksports when my 3.5 MC lift went on. I just really didn't want to put more time in to research another component to death. I know they're a relatively cheap lower quality shock and I'll have to replace them some day. But I don't drive my jeep like a desert racer and my speed of crawling doesn't seem like much of a test of shocks. If that turns out differently, I'll throw some money at shocks. For now, they ride nice on the street and damp without any oscillations.
I did the same thing with getting the mono shocks that came from jks when I got my kit. But after catching a sale for the falcon 3.3 adjustable reservoir shocks I think that would be the first thing I’d buy for a new Jeep. Made a massive difference even at low speeds
Sponsored