Tazer (Programmer) for the JL

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
There’s a customer service number on the website. My questions were answered well and pretty quickly.
6BFD9DEC-1B6C-437F-A1E3-55C6A98E4DDE.jpeg 3B7566A2-D120-4361-A2F9-2BC51A3811CD.jpeg 1F744C32-130F-4AE5-B3A1-6DF52A62EF1A.jpeg
Wait.. so they're saying that the blind spot detection sensors are in the LED taillamps even if you didn't get the safety pkg? Hmmm... I figured the sensors wouldn't be in there.
Sponsored

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,
Wait.. so they're saying that the blind spot detection sensors are in the LED taillamps even if you didn't get the safety pkg? Hmmm... I figured the sensors wouldn't be in there.
So basically you just don't get the warning light in the mirror?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
For $329 it needs to unlock NAV in motion (so passenger can enter destination while moving).

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You would have to add the LED tail lights, if you don't already have them. They way I interpret this, the sensors are built into the lights. The lights in the mirrors would not be there, but I guess there is a beep? I've not noticed the beep, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I've usually got the Alpine cranked and probably wouldn't hear it anyway.

Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
You would have to add the LED tail lights, if you don't already have them. They way I interpret this, the sensors are built into the lights. The lights in the mirrors would not be there, but I guess there is a beep? I've not noticed the beep, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. I've usually got the Alpine cranked and probably wouldn't hear it anyway.
I've got a JLUR with LED but skipped the safety pkg. I just assumed that the LED lights I had would be without sensors. Being able to add BSM functionality would be cool.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
My understanding is that if the vehicle is equipped with the LED lights but not active safety package, this would enable them to function and beep. That’s how I understood the answer. With access to the full parts catalog this is easy to verify. If there’s only one LED taillight available (and no separate sensor parts) then it seems likely this is true.

As regards the mirrors, I would have thought that there would only be one mirror whether the BSM is equipped or not. That the light was there and not activated without the purchase of the active safety group. The reply from Z states otherwise.

crik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Renegade; 2018 JLUS
My understanding is that if the vehicle is equipped with the LED lights but not active safety package, this would enable them to function and beep. That’s how I understood the answer. With access to the full parts catalog this is easy to verify. If there’s only one LED taillight available (and no separate sensor parts) then it seems likely this is true.

As regards the mirrors, I would have thought that there would only be one mirror whether the BSM is equipped or not. That the light was there and not activated without the purchase of the active safety group. The reply from Z states otherwise.
Thanks for posting this info, noob. This is why I appreciate this forum.

I hope someone buys this thing and posts their experience.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I understand this would be interesting to some that did not opt for the blind spot monitoring. I know there is an option to turn that beep warning on and off. Without the mirrors however I would think having that beep every time a vehicle is next to you on a highway would get pretty annoying.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I understand this would be interesting to some that did not opt for the blind spot monitoring. I know there is an option to turn that beep warning on and off. Without the mirrors however I would think having that beep every time a vehicle is next to you on a highway would get pretty annoying.
Which is why I turned my audio off and just go with the light in the mirror...

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Which is why I turned my audio off and just go with the light in the mirror...
Yes I am talking about people that may purchase this tazer to enable it who do not have the mirror with the light.

Rargo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Warranty Admin
"Auto StopStart Disable - can be set to disable AutoStopStart upon vehicle start-up"

Enough said I will be ordering mine. I have one on my 2016 Charger Scat Pack to enable track mode and I love it.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I plan on buying one. I'm wondering though... I get the part about plugging into the OBD2 port but they also mention plugging in something in a secondary place above the port . Wonder what that's about... plugging into what??

"Simple, plug-in installation - 2 parts: a bypass module plugged in above the OBD2 connector, and the Tazer JL itself which plugs into the OBD2 connector."

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
My work can has a GPS tracker installed in the obd2 connector. What they did was plug in a patch cord that has 2 obd2 connectors, 1 for module and one for tech to troubleshoot from

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I just emailed Tazer Support and asked them to explain the "Simple, plug-in installation - 2 parts: a bypass module plugged in above the OBD2 connector, and the Tazer JL itself which plugs into the OBD2 connector."

I will post their reply to me here.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.