First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUAD
Clubs

@TheDreamcatcherJL:

No re-gear. Running stock. May change wheels and go with 33s down the road. Haven't driven much in 2020 due to COVID, so I barely have 4,000 miles on my JLU (purchased in Feb. 2020). I'd like to get some more mileage out of the stock wheels and tires for now. Also, I have a Sport Altitude and like the stock black 18" wheels.

To keep the thread on track, I used JSCAN back when I had my '15 JKU to enable DRLs and a couple of other things. So far, I've used JSCAN on my '20 JLU to disable fog light drop-out and enable Off Road Pages in my new 8.4" radio (upgraded from the 7").
You mentioned you went from the 7-inch Uconnect radio and upgraded to an 8.4 premium radio did you keep the OEM and you did this yourself I heard this was extremely difficult

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

You mentioned you went from the 7-inch Uconnect radio and upgraded to an 8.4 premium radio did you keep the OEM and you did this yourself I heard this was extremely difficult
@Wrangler man:

The upgrade is plug-and-play. I purchased from here.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just wanted to circle back around in this thread and mention that I am now running with a Tazer Mini for all my programming needs. I’ve reverted all changes made with JSCAN, removed my AutoStop Eliminator and installed the Tazer this afternoon. Making changes is so much easier, not that JSCAN is difficult.

JSCAN was extremely helpful when I had my JK. It also got me going with several things on my JL. However, having recently gone up in tire size I decided it was time for an upgrade. I didn’t want to have to deal with connecting the bypass cable and OBD adapter any longer. Also, I got tired of having to remember where the various items I needed to change are buried in the JSCAN app.

One last thing I want to note. Using JSCAN to activate Off Road Pages on my 8.4” radio worked. However, only 2 of the digital gauges worked after. Activating user the Tazer Mini has everything working.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@jludave nothing wrong with either product, Tazer seems a bit more refined than JSCAN but this comes at a significant cost increase but hey what on a JEEP is cheap right.

I ran with the original Tazer two several years back when it first came out for the JL on my 2018 and had some growing pains with it and then ran with nothing except a Smart Stop/Start module and then went to JSCAN to try something different and honestly my BT module and cable has been sitting in my toolbox as I made a few changes and then experimented with other settings like adjusting IBS limits but in the end I only changed a few things.

JeepMedic841

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Sport S
@cchambers74

I had a similar experience with JSCAN and someone there getting back to me within minutes... they even made a video by the next morning just to educate me ... to show me exactly..

Also have had Joe @ ZAutomotive call me up and personally assist me in the middle of the night, on a weekend, a Holiday and well a few times.. I was a very very early adopter of the original Tazer JL (Spring 2018) and I think both Joe and I were in learning mode lets say, in regard to the Tazer JL... Ho, ho ho...

Having used both JSCAN and the Tazer JL, I prefer ZAutomotive's Tazer JL and Joe's handholding..

I would not own a FlashCal (yes, I have fooled with one) if you gave me one free and paid me monthly to use it..

I ran with a Tazer JL for well over 2 years and then gave it to a Son.

Decided to try JSCAN... had minimal needs and I like to tinker lets say... so... Anyway, I was /am impressed with JSCAN but no, it is not a Tazer JL Mini by any means ... and and, no Joe.

JSCAN does what I need done though.... but must admit, I sorely miss some of the Tazer JL, "Live functions"..
I know I’m kinda tailing on a thread here, but it’s in regards to Tazer programming. I have a 21 Sport S. Will the Tazer actually activate the dedicated feed for the DRL’s now up to the fender harness? I saw in a previous thread that Joe was supposedly working on it a couple years ago.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Rhinebeck01