Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anyone successfully used OBD JScan or another programmer to enable all windows for express down? In OBD Jscan under Vehicle User Settings, the last option is for Window Express Feature Configuration. You can set All Windows, Driver Only, Front Only or No window express feature.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

danny01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The power window system on the JL is independent of the body control module and the CAN network. There's no way of "programming" the power window system. The way in which the switches are designed to work would not allow for express down on the back windows regardless.

OP
OP
jludave

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The power window system on the JL is independent of the body control module and the CAN network. There's no way of "programming" the power window system. The way in which the switches are designed to work would not allow for express down on the back windows regardless.
Thanks. I actually just went through all the settings yesterday with zero effect. I don't know why the app developer included the options at all.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
This is definitely not possible.
Hey Dave:

I seem to recall someone on the forum actually devising a way to enable one button upon functionality on the driver's window. I can try to find it if you want--and the approach used no programming device: Tazer or Jscan.

Of importance though is that this hack didn't incorporate any safety features commonly seen with this feature as standard equipment in other vehicles, where objects in the way of the window closing cause the window to stop its upward movement or reverse direction.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks. I actually just went through all the settings yesterday with zero effect. I don't know why the app developer included the options at all.
Increases his sales. He also shows StopStart disable which JSCAN cannot deal with...

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Worth noting the front door window buttons and the rear door window buttons are functionally different. So unless there's a way to replace the rear window buttons with a different functioning button, this mod may not be possible.

It's worth noting my 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser has auto up and auto down on all 4 windows. This isn't some newfangled technology Jeep hasn't been able to figure out. It's old.

Pray the Bronco has full auto windows, so we can too some day.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Worth noting the front door window buttons and the rear door window buttons are functionally different. So unless there's a way to replace the rear window buttons with a different functioning button, this mod may not be possible.

It's worth noting my 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser has auto up and auto down on all 4 windows. This isn't some newfangled technology Jeep hasn't been able to figure out. It's old.

Pray the Bronco has full auto windows, so we can too some day.
Found my way in here after I saw it in jscan!

Betting the Bronco will, I think it's standard in Fords. Ford is much more tech/modern focused these days. I think they realized they need to get with it.

I was a little shocked a 2021 model didn't have it, at least for down on all windows. Up requires safety sensors.

First world problem, but it's actually a big driver distraction. Especially given the switch placement. We have to look down, reach/lean over, and hold the switches (2x for Unlimited). It really contrasts with the Sky Roof operation.

We also lack key fob up/down.

I had a car back 10-15 years ago that could do one touch for all 4 windows from the drivers switch. I loved that!

Sponsored

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase