Sponsored

Tazer JL - more than just a tire size programmer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
I have after market sensors. Unfortunately they are mounted in Hutchinson bead locks. I know when I purchased these, Discount Tire programmed these for this JLUR specifically with a hand held programmer. These were not cheep knock off type, but are indeed "quality" aftermarket from big name supplier of these. That is really downer. I will not disassemble these wheels until tire wear deems it necessary (major PITA) but will change the sensors out with the ones that came with the Jeep (eventually)

Sure wish I had known this going in I would have done things a bit different. I am giving the KO2s to my daughter for her new Chevy truck and will take the sensors out of the factory wheels at that time.

I appreciate you suggesting that as the problem, I believe you are most likely correct. I PMed ZA but suspect they will confirm your suspicions as well. This is my wife's DD so I really wanted to monitor pressure, but we will see if we can ignore the light for a while anyway. May have to disable the TPMS completely until tire swap.

Thanks WranglerMan
Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have an issue with something TPMS related and the pressure warning light. I lowered my warning threshold to 15 PSI which worked perfectly. All wheels and tires have been detected and show the correct pressure on the cluster (no red lights either). I now have the tire pressure warning /alert light on just to the left of the display? Everything else functions flawlessly. Any suggestions please! the amber light is annoying to be sure.

IMG_20180902_175152919 (002).jpg
If you return the Tazer to stock does the light go away?

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you return the Tazer to stock does the light go away?
I have not tried to do that. Just put these on last evening and was waiting until I heard from some forum folks and Z Auto before attempting any real changes. I'm interested to know that as well. I just do not want to undo all my program changes unless necessary.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would also have to air up these tires to get above stock threshold.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Geronimo

Chances that the issue are programmer related are next to none.

But .....Won't hurt to get the programmer out of the picture so you can troubleshoot the issue sans programmer. All you have to do is unmarry. You do not need to remove the programmer hardware.

Others here have reported the exact same issue you are seeing.

Your comment "I just do not want to undo all my program changes unless necessary", perplexes me. When you remarry your settings will go right back on the JL. You may end up redoing tire size possibly..... but to program it takes you, what, 5 minutes tops.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perplexed? You shouldn't be. I can GTAW, fab, Install lifts, wrench all day long, but get me in the middle of a new programmer and new vehicle that now shows a warning on one system and not on another I find that to be odd behavior. I also didn't want to proceed without consulting at least someone who may know a little something about both items. That was probably obtuse on my part to even consider.

But I'm glad to hear it is a simple unmarry and remarry with a maybe reprogram for tire size. Even a complete imbecile with a plate in his head, partially blind, with cauliflower ears should be able to handle this in what, five minutes tops.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Perplexed? You shouldn't be. I can GTAW, fab, Install lifts, wrench all day long, but get me in the middle of a new programmer and new vehicle that now shows a warning on one system and not on another I find that to be odd behavior. I also didn't want to proceed without consulting at least someone who may know a little something about both items. That was probably obtuse on my part to even consider.

But I'm glad to hear it is a simple unmarry and remarry with a maybe reprogram for tire size. Even a complete imbecile with a plate in his head, partially blind, with cauliflower ears should be able to handle this in what, five minutes tops.
@Geronimo

There was no negativity meant when I used the word "perplexed". Guess, I just figured if you read up enough to install the programmer and then do the programming, that you would be aware that when you remarry, all goes back on. My bad for taking that for granted.

As for your issue. I'd say there is a 99% chance it is the TPMS sensors that are causing the issue.

You really need to hold Discount tire accountable. You did pay for those TPMS sensors .. they said they would work ..so they need to make it right or give you your $ back in regard to the TPMS's.

Perhaps they will agree to just refund your $ and install your stock TPMS sensors in place of the ones they used. That would save them lets say, having to deal with your issue.

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Geronimo

There was no negativity meant when I used the word "perplexed". Guess, I just figured if you read up enough to install the programmer and then do the programming, that you would be aware that when you remarry, all goes back on. My bad for taking that for granted.

As for your issue. I'd say there is a 99% chance it is the TPMS sensors that are causing the issue.

You really need to hold Discount tire accountable. You did pay for those TPMS sensors .. they said they would work ..so they need to make it right or give you your $ back in regard to the TPMS's.

Perhaps they will agree to just refund your $ and install your stock TPMS sensors in place of the ones they used. That would save them lets say, having to deal with your issue.

The problem with the sensors is they are installed inside Hutchinson beadlocks, Discount will not assemble those wheels/tires. I did the assembly but bought the tires and sensors from them, then took the combination to them for balancing. Just found out about the light being on at midnight last night. I haven't had time to do much of anything yet.

I simply posted the issue for feedback and PM ed Z Auto for the same. Tomorrow I will call Discount and see what they have to say. And I will unmarry the Tazer to show the issue to indeed be the sensors.

I didn't mean to get shitty with you, I apologize for that. It would be about an eight hour job swapping out these sensors and it has me a bit (((tense))) thinking about it. Especially since these tires all balanced real well and I have no other issues. My wife says she can live with the amber light. At least they do register correct pressure and the threshold is adjusted correctly. Personally I want them right.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I just programmed my JL and I did a full reboot, then I started the Jeep then I disabled ESS and AP and then I turned the Jeep off. I checked a bit later and the EVIC was lit up and the right turn signal was flashing very rapidly. I turned on ACC and it didn't stop flashing. I went to AUDIO and held the buttons and it stopped. I did another full reboot, and it didn't happen again. I was able to shut off the Jeep and it shut off properly this time. Anyone else run into this? @Zauto is it because I didn't do the full reboot after disabling ESS/AP?

Thanks!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
The problem with the sensors is they are installed inside Hutchinson beadlocks, Discount will not assemble those wheels/tires. I did the assembly but bought the tires and sensors from them, then took the combination to them for balancing. Just found out about the light being on at midnight last night. I haven't had time to do much of anything yet.

I simply posted the issue for feedback and PM ed Z Auto for the same. Tomorrow I will call Discount and see what they have to say. And I will unmarry the Tazer to show the issue to indeed be the sensors.

I didn't mean to get shitty with you, I apologize for that. It would be about an eight hour job swapping out these sensors and it has me a bit (((tense))) thinking about it. Especially since these tires all balanced real well and I have no other issues. My wife says she can live with the amber light. At least they do register correct pressure and the threshold is adjusted correctly. Personally I want them right.
You could try to air down the tires to 0 PSI for 5 minutes. This resets the TPMS sensors themselves. You need to lift the wheels/axles up to do this of course, or else it could damage your wheel/tire. It might be worth a try vs. breaking down the beadlocks. I had to do this once because my new TPMS sensors wouldn't marry to the car's system even after 100 miles. Discount Tire did the deflate for me and it fixed it right up. It wasn't on a JL though.

Sponsored

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could try to air down the tires to 0 PSI for 5 minutes. This resets the TPMS sensors themselves. You need to lift the wheels/axles up to do this of course, or else it could damage your wheel/tire. It might be worth a try vs. breaking down the beadlocks. I had to do this once because my new TPMS sensors wouldn't marry to the car's system even after 100 miles. Discount Tire did the deflate for me and it fixed it right up. It wasn't on a JL though.
Think I'll give it a try. Appreciate the information. Thanks!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Actually, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I think I'm experiencing a voltage drop on the ACC line after installing Tazer JL Lite (active). I need to confirm, but ever since the Tazer JL, my radar detector won't start when I start my car. It starts if I unplug/plug it in, but not when the car is starting, I think due to voltage being too low. It never recovers either, unless I manually unplug/plug it back in. It's in the 12v cigarette lighter outlet on the dash.. Maybe you guys @Zauto could try to reproduce this?

I will try full rebooting again too...

NavyVet1959

Banned
Banned
First Name
OldFart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ (sold), WJ (sold), Ram 1500 QC 4x4 (sold 2018.06.07), Wrangler JL Sport 2-door (ordered 2018.06.08)
Occupation
Retired engineer (NASA, aerospace, DoD); ex-Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, I'm not sure if this is possible, but I think I'm experiencing a voltage drop on the ACC line after installing Tazer JL Lite (active). I need to confirm, but ever since the Tazer JL, my radar detector won't start when I start my car. It starts if I unplug/plug it in, but not when the car is starting, I think due to voltage being too low. It never recovers either, unless I manually unplug/plug it back in. It's in the 12v cigarette lighter outlet on the dash.. Maybe you guys @Zauto could try to reproduce this?

I will try full rebooting again too...
I used to use a RADAR detector for many years. Interestingly, I found that when I quit using one, I got less speeding tickets. Maybe it's because I'm not driving a sports car anymore... Maybe it's because I tend to not exceed the speed limit these days by more than 10 mph... Maybe it's just because I'm an old fart and since I don't have a RADAR detector, the cops are more likely to give me the benefit of the doubt as long as I'm not excessively speeding... Whatever the reason, my pocketbook appreciates it... :)

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
So I got my Tazer JL installed and working yesterday after programming a custom light show on my laptop. The Tazer JL fixed my, or rather corrected my Speedo (verified with a Garmin Nuvi GPS, and a Speedo App on my phone). I'm overall very happy with it, however I am really upset and the light show side of the Tazer JL. For one it is optimized for LED lighting, so us peeps with good ol' incandescent light with notice that the light show does not illuminated the light long enough during the flashes. At night this is fine, but during the day you can barely see the lights, I'm a little disappointed, but I guess this will be my impetus to purchase LED lights all the way around, which fortunately is only about $120. Second is that I can not get the light show to work while moving, and I need it to work while moving. In the ZPU App I have programmed the light show to work while in motion, but when I try to turn it on while moving the light show will blink for a second then turn off. I have tried to email the company a could of times and have had no response, however I texted a contact number that I found on the Z Automotive website regarding trying the get the ZPU to work on my laptop and the company was super fast with their response. Today is Sunday so I'm not going to bother them today, I will save that for Monday, but I really need to know how to get to this so called "Secret menu" so I can get the light show to work while moving as I often use my Jeep for emergency responses. If anyone knows the path to this "Secret Menu" can you let me know. Thanks.
Can you post a video of the light show with halogen bulbs at night?

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Joe,

Take a look at this thread, and the current posts.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/proximity-locks-added.10769/page-5

A lot of interest there and in other threads regarding enabling passive entry.

I’ve done a lot of research on Chrysler Tech Authority and looked at what is present on my vehicle. Almost all that is needed is already there. LF antennas (5) are there and wired to RFH module. I bought tailgate handle and jumper got them installed - nothing. I will be installing two front handles as well. As the key fob wake up/challenge already had to be functioning for push button start, the RFH module is already redponding to requests. I believe this feature just needs to be updated / enabled in the BCM.As most of what is needed is already there, the additional parts are under $300. I can be a beta-tester if needed.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.