WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Thank you @WilhelmSR... just e-mailed the file to my local library who will print these for just 20-cents/gram.

I'll keep you posted. You are good people!
just a heads up weight is 14.43 g
Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
just a heads up weight is 14.43 g
Hi @WilhelmSR… got the mount back from the 3D printer at the library today (only cost $2.50!)… looked beautiful (see images below) but alas it seems the newer Tazer Mini JLs are ever so slightly bigger than the older ones. So it won’t fit in the mount. I tried sanding and dremeling down the inside but to no avail. Wish I was an STL guru, or even had calipers to give you the exact measurements of the new devices.

Hope others have better luck, but I’m still grateful you shared this gift with the forum.

Jeep Wrangler JL Designed a New Tazer JL Mount Today 140CFA7D-8C41-4607-A926-0FE9A197889E

Jeep Wrangler JL Designed a New Tazer JL Mount Today CABDD965-217C-4E84-94D6-7934CA229A01

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Hi @WilhelmSR… got the mount back from the 3D printer at the library today (only cost $2.50!)… looked beautiful (see images below) but alas it seems the newer Tazer Mini JLs are ever so slightly bigger than the older ones. So it won’t fit in the mount. I tried sanding and dremeling down the inside but to no avail. Wish I was an STL guru, or even had calipers to give you the exact measurements of the new devices.

Hope others have better luck, but I’m still grateful you shared this gift with the forum.

140CFA7D-8C41-4607-A926-0FE9A197889E.jpeg

CABDD965-217C-4E84-94D6-7934CA229A01.jpeg
I based it on the current tazer, more than likely they have not properly calibrated the steps per mm on their 3D printer.

If you have a set of calipers, can you measure it? If not, i can make you one and ship it to you, Just cover shipping.

Moosebear

First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 84 Chevy M1008, 22 Axial SCX6
Mine was a bit tight as well. I just printed it at 102% scale and it fit great.

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I calibrated my stepper motors to a perfect 1/1 MM/per step.
None of them come from the factory calibrated and need to be done for accurate sizes.

Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
I was just going to ask to reprint at a larger size… in your opinion, do you think 103% would be way too much? I’m hoping to get this right on the next try.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
I based it on the current tazer, more than likely they have not properly calibrated the steps per mm on their 3D printer.

If you have a set of calipers, can you measure it? If not, i can make you one and ship it to you, Just cover shipping.
I don’t have calipers, but if alignment with the device is an issue I’ll just keep working it on my end scaling up. Thanks tho… you are a rock star.

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I don’t have clippers, but if alignment with the device is an issue I’ll just keep working it on my end scaling up. Thanks tho… you are a rock star.
I sent one to @Rhinebeck01 and his was a perfect fit too.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm going to assume the printer at my public library is off. Going back to try 103% and hoping that's the ticket!
@webwbr

The vessel lets call it that houses the guts of the Tazer JL Mini and Tazer JL Lite and the ZAutomotive security bypass module has not changed even in the slightest bit over the last 3+ years.

The vessel that @WilhelmSR made for me fits perfectly... I have used it with a Tazer JL Mini and a ZAutomotive security bypass module...

With said, I do think that the 3D printer that did your vessel is out of calibration.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was just going to ask to reprint at a larger size… in your opinion, do you think 103% would be way too much? I’m hoping to get this right on the next try.
@webwbr

No problem if the vessel you are printing has inner dimensions that allow the Tazer JL Mini to have a tad more free play in there. The little catch tab will still keep the Tazer JL in the vessel.

Obviously, better to be a bit loose in there then to not be able to get the Tazer JL in the vessel.

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
@webwbr

No problem if the vessel you are printing has inner dimensions that allow the Tazer JL Mini to have a tad more free play in there. The little catch tab will still keep the Tazer JL in the vessel.

Obviously, better to be a bit loose in there then to not be able to get the Tazer JL in the vessel.

Thanks @Rhinebeck01 (and of course @WilhelmSR)... I'll report back on how the 103% attempt works. Wish I had my own 3D printer to I could calibrate and not have to wait so long!

Thanks again all!

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Thanks @Rhinebeck01 (and of course @WilhelmSR)... I'll report back on how the 103% attempt works. Wish I had my own 3D printer to I could calibrate and not have to wait so long!

Thanks again all!
The 103% print worked out perfect!

Since calibrating a public library 3D printer was not an option, I feel I lucked out guessing 103%. It really looks great, might leave the panel off for a while to admire it!

To those without a 3D printer check your local library, you might have a low cost solution, but know it might take a couple of tries to get success.

Thanks again @WilhelmSR for posting this STL!

Jeep Wrangler JL Designed a New Tazer JL Mount Today A15193C7-6F60-45D5-8FF6-5E22F8BB8B73

PS - the reason I thought the Tazer changed size is mine has that red Z Automotive sticker on it, and one image I saw posted here had their logo embossed in the plastic. Apologies if I led anyone stray.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
snip:
PS - the reason I thought the Tazer changed size is mine has that red Z Automotive sticker on it, and one image I saw posted here had their logo embossed in the plastic. Apologies if I led anyone stray.
@webwbr

The picture you saw posted was my ZAutomotive Security Gateway Bypass Module, residing in one @WilhelmSR 's terrific holders. (see pic below)

Joe at ZAutomotive does not place a ZAutomotive sticker on that module as he does with the Tazer JL Mini and Tazer JL Lite.

As mentioned earlier, the Tazer JL Mini, the Tazer JL Lite and the ZAutomotive Security Gateway Bypass Module from ZAutomotive all use the same container.. That container has been exactly the same size since the get go..

Jeep Wrangler JL Designed a New Tazer JL Mount Today 20210319_155412

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Mine fit great! I accidentally broke off the retention tab, but it fits tight and I didn’t really need it.

thanks for it WilhelmSR!

Scott
Sponsored