swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you're buying the RC bracket be aware that there are 2 styles, one that sits lower than the other. I'm running the lower one *not* made for the largest tires with my 38s and I don't have problems with the parking sensors going off, and my tire isn't lifted to the sky. YMMV, some people have problems with the lower bracket causing their sensors to go off.

It's a great bracket, solid af. I actually bought both, the "higher" one is even more sturdy and almost twice the weight of the shorter one.

OP
OP

bipock

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I bought the Teraflex adjustable mounting kit last night. Gives me the flexibility if I go bigger.

Fourthandlong5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded my stock 18" Duelers to 17" Gladiator takeoffs with Falken Wildpeaks (285/70/17 C rated). Finally, got the spare mounted on the wheel last Saturday, threw it on the factory spare tire carrier and the tailgate wouldn't shut. I am assuming that this is due to the tire weight, which is about 90lbs or so. That said, I've seen a lot of discussions where Wrangler owners haven't upgraded their stock setup and have no problems with their tailgate closing when going to bigger tires.

1. Should I need to do some sort of spare tire bracket or tailgate reinforcement or am I doing something wrong?
2. If I do need to make a change, what do I need to change?
Just find a take-off Rubicon spare tire mount. It sits a bit higher and extends further out than the sport/Sahara tire carrier.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-carrier-2-different-part-s.38640/post-884046