Sponsored

Tail pipe submerge question

VXSKAXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
That’s what snorkels were designed for originally, dry dusty air environments. More so specifically, for when a pack of vehicles are traveling in a line through desert sands so that they get the best air possible. It was never intended originally for traveling through high water.
Sponsored

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
30" line is well above the exhaust, not an issue.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
A tool? Geez ! I actually like it a lot and am anything but a tool. But I don’t need or care to hear you opinions. Very been out west on long trail ride. In the dry DUSTY desert? High clean air.
Hey, opinions are like you know whats... everyone's got one and they all stink ;)

mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software
My issue is with Arterius2 saying you take 30 inches plus your lift size to get your fording depth. There is more to it than that. In general you're right... back into the water with your exhaust pipe the water doesn't add enough back pressure to cause an issue for the engine. Now if you shut your engine off or if you're in a current that is directing water into your exhaust pipe or if you're backing with substantial speed, you may have issues.
Not to mention you need to divide the increased tire size by 2 (only half of the tire is below the center of the axle). So a 30 to 32 inch tire will only life the vehicle 1 inch.