Sponsored

Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ashg2000

Regardless of the programmer, (I chose another programmer) it is not uncommon to have to "hit and trial" as you call it. Just do this til you get the speedo accurate.

Consider installing an app on your smartphone called GPS TEST / GPS TEST PLUS or similar app to use when verifying speedometer accuracy. I prefer doing this versus, Waze, etc.

Do check speedo for accuracy at varying speeds.
Sponsored

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Thanks...

Finally speedometer is calibrated well. For Nitto Ridge Grappler, 35 x 12.5 x 17 which is 34.76 tire circumference, at 28 psi, 34.25 tire setting get the correct results.

Loved using Supercal setting up the right tire size and changing TPMS to lower settings of 22. Super easy to use.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@ashg2000

Every few months do, re-verify speedo accuracy at varying speeds with a smartphone app. Tweak with Flashcal as needed.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
So just got off phone with Superchip/Flashcal tech guy and here's how it would play out:
$100 reprogramming fee/clearing out old Jeep
$99 gateway bypass module - to convert it to a JL

so alomst $200 to do...not sure that is cost effective!

Oh well,
You can get a brand new one for 225.

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
I figured it out. If you select the auto start stop disable it also disables your remote start. Just pull the hood pin and don't select the option on the tuner. That sucked this morning. we had snow.
I'm having the same issue w/ my programmer. So how did you get the remote start to work again? Pretty much just change the option back? I guess the auto start on/off doesn't disable it properly. Maybe an update will come.

Sponsored

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
I'm having the same issue w/ my programmer. So how did you get the remote start to work again? Pretty much just change the option back? I guess the auto start on/off doesn't disable it properly. Maybe an update will come.
Do not use the feature in the tuner. It doesn't do anything anyway. Just unplug your hood switch.

-Eli

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Can anyone confirm if the parameters of a flash stay active if the bypass/jumper module is unplugged? Sorry if I’ve missed other posts confirming this.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Can anyone confirm if the parameters of a flash stay active if the bypass/jumper module is unplugged? Sorry if I’ve missed other posts confirming this.
I'd presume they do since they would be stored in the PCM. You'd want to probably confirm that with Superchips though.

That said, the bigger question is why would you need or want to remove it? Leaving it plugged in to the best of my knowledge doesn't hurt anything, not to mention if you need to adjust something quickly, all you have to do is plug in the Flashcal and make the changes as opposed to go through the hassle of plugging the jumper in before being able to use the Flashcal.

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd presume they do since they would be stored in the PCM. You'd want to probably confirm that with Superchips though.

That said, the bigger question is why would you need or want to remove it? Leaving it plugged in to the best of my knowledge doesn't hurt anything, not to mention if you need to adjust something quickly, all you have to do is plug in the Flashcal and make the changes as opposed to go through the hassle of plugging the jumper in before being able to use the Flashcal.
I’m considering using the flashcal to update my axle ratio. I don’t love the idea of leaving that module in for dealer service and I feel like I’ll need the flash to stay active to avoid codes from the driveline. Could be wrong but I haven’t found confirmation that a non factory ratio won’t throw codes on a factory flashed jl.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I’m considering using the flashcal to update my axle ratio. I don’t love the idea of leaving that module in for dealer service and I feel like I’ll need the flash to stay active to avoid codes from the driveline. Could be wrong but I haven’t found confirmation that a non factory ratio won’t throw codes on a factory flashed jl.
Unless the jumper is the cause of a problem on the vehicle, I honestly would consider it a non-issue to leave it plugged in. A dealer tech isn't going to be crawling around on the floor of your Jeep looking up under the steering column to see if there is a non-factory component plugged in. Besides you'll have more potential red flags with your lift, big tires and regeared axles than you ever will with a silly little jumper module plugged in under your dash.

Sponsored

fdFifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer couldn't flash mine with it plugged in. I returned to stock and unplugged bypass and then it got flashed.
Ah thanks, that’s super helpful to know. More than warranty flags I was worried about interference with the dealers ability to use the port properly. Do you still use the flashcal or did you just have your dealer update everything?

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have it ,they had to do factory updates, that day. I put it back in as soon as they got done with it.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
ya if you know you have to take back to dealer, just revert everything. I do wonder if you can leave the settings just replug the connectors to the factory adapter.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure but you might take a chance of locking your tuner out or messing up the ecm.
Sponsored