Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
@Superchips JL, please add the capability to enable proximity to the Flashcal and Trailcal. See this thread.
Interesting. We can look into this. I see in the thread you linked that the other guys are saying it is not doable though, and from the description I see as to why, it makes sense. Worth a look either way.

Thanks
Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I have one from last year for my JK, forgot to switch it back to factory using Flashcal when I Traded it in, now I have a Paperwieght Flashcal!!!! It was awesome though......

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Man, I have one from last year for my JK, forgot to switch it back to factory using Flashcal when I Traded it in, now I have a Paperwieght Flashcal!!!! It was awesome though......
@Tacoman03

Are you sure Superchips does not have an unmarry service.... where you send them the Flashcal and they clear it, so you can use on another vehicle. They do this for a nominal fee.

Will not mention another companies name in this thread, but other's do have such a fee based service.

If you get your unit cleared, you could resell it and recoop some of what you originally spent on it.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
@Tacoman03

Are you sure Superchips does not have an unmarry service.... where you send them the Flashcal and they clear it, so you can use on another vehicle. They do this for a nominal fee.

Will not mention another companies name in this thread, but other's do have such a fee based service.

If you get your unit cleared, you could resell it and recoop some of what you originally spent on it.

He shouldn't even need to ship it anywhere. He just needs call them up and they can add an "update" (or whatever it is called) to his serial # and then done it's back up and running. Depending on who he talks to and how he explains/approaches it, he could potentially get this done at no cost. I've managed to get this done twice at no cost to me with different FlashPaq's. In one case it was a unit I bought from my buddies brother who had traded his Jeep in and the other the dealer flashed my JK and I lost my tune.

Sponsored

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
He shouldn't even need to ship it anywhere. He just needs call them up and they can add an "update" (or whatever it is called) to his serial # and then done it's back up and running. Depending on who he talks to and how he explains/approaches it, he could potentially get this done at no cost. I've managed to get this done twice at no cost to me with different FlashPaq's. In one case it was a unit I bought from my buddies brother who had traded his Jeep in and the other the dealer flashed my JK and I lost my tune.
So just got off phone with Superchip/Flashcal tech guy and here's how it would play out:
$100 reprogramming fee/clearing out old Jeep
$99 gateway bypass module - to convert it to a JL

so alomst $200 to do...not sure that is cost effective!

Oh well,

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just got off phone with Superchip/Flashcal tech guy and here's how it would play out:

Oh well,
It's not a free lunch, however you're saving $50 over having to buy a new one for your JL so that's kind of a win.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I have a question and if it’s been addressed, I apologize for asking again.

My Sport S has both the digital and analog speedometer. When I use the Flashcal to calibrate for my new tires, do both speedometers get adjusted? What I’m asking is are they tied together? Is the analog speedometer strictly mechanical like it was in the past (speedo gear swap)?
Thanks! Any info is appreciated.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question and if it’s been addressed, I apologize for asking again.

My Sport S has both the digital and analog speedometer. When I use the Flashcal to calibrate for my new tires, do both speedometers get adjusted? What I’m asking is are they tied together? Is the analog speedometer strictly mechanical like it was in the past (speedo gear swap)?
Thanks! Any info is appreciated.
It's not a "true" analog speedo. Everything in the gauge cluster is driven off of electronic signals from the computer. That said, the digital read and the "analog" sweep will read the same.

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
It's not a "true" analog speedo. Everything in the gauge cluster is driven off of electronic signals from the computer. That said, the digital read and the "analog" sweep will read the same.
Thank you! I thought that might be so, but I didn’t want to assume that was the case.
Good to know. The programmer arrived yesterday and that’s my project for today.
I appreciate the info.

Sponsored

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
My remote start will not work today after using the flashcal. Any ideas why?

-Eli

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL

Oh well,

The other one is 50 to unmary, I believe.

TJEli

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, truck, car
My remote start will not work today after using the flashcal. Any ideas why?

-Eli
I figured it out. If you select the auto start stop disable it also disables your remote start. Just pull the hood pin and don't select the option on the tuner. That sucked this morning. we had snow.

ashg2000

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Speedometer calibration issues

I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires on my jeep rubicon JL and used the Flashcal to change the tiresize to 34.75. The speedometer is consistently off by 5%, Jeep shows driving at 42 miles/hr vs. waze or other speedometer tools at 40 miles/hr. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a fix? I will do hit and trial by lowering the tire size, which might help but it's not the right solution.

OP
OP
Swanny297

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Speedometer calibration issues

I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 35 x 12.5 x 17 tires on my jeep rubicon JL and used the Flashcal to change the tiresize to 34.75. The speedometer is consistently off by 5%, Jeep shows driving at 42 miles/hr vs. waze or other speedometer tools at 40 miles/hr. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a fix? I will do hit and trial by lowering the tire size, which might help but it's not the right solution.
Drop it down to 34.5, keep in mind resolution error of the reprogram and Waze/other tools will always show some degree of offset.
Sponsored