Sponsored

Anyone familiar with Superchips Flashcal 3571-JL ?

carlbach

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
retired
Wanted to update my tire size to 35" and purchased the Flashcal specific to the 2018 JL. Didn't have any issues with the install of the tuner. The one thing that was a little weird was the kit specific to the 2018 required installation of a bypass module on the Gateway Module wiring so the vehicle system would recognize the tuner. The thing is I don't have any wiring connectors at the Gateway Module, there are not any wires going to it. Installed the tuner anyway and it communicates with the system, so guess I am good to go. Also sent off an email to Superchips support and we'll see how that goes.

My real question is about the Superchip Flashpaq Tuner - Is anyone familiar with it?

Not sure if the additional $249 investment or the PCM swap is worthwhile.

Appreciate any input...
Sponsored

andrew4fins

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
What I got when I did my lift and 35’s. What the place had in stock. Worked fine on my 21. Besides the speedo for the tires I’ve only used it to turn off seat belt chimes n make my fog lights the drl.

OP
OP
carlbach

carlbach

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
Occupation
retired
What I got when I did my lift and 35’s. What the place had in stock. Worked fine on my 21. Besides the speedo for the tires, I’ve only used it to turn off seat belt chimes n make my fog lights the drl.
Thanks for chiming in - Had no idea but turns out there is already a bypass in my jeep. The previous owner installed it and wire tied it up under the dash where I couldn't find it.
Sponsored