Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
All these stories of broken visors scares me 😳 I have used mine on and off for 3 years and so far so good but I am somewhat careful flipping them up/down

OP
OP
JB4818

JB4818

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon; 2022 Ram 1500 Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
Third time with this issue. Once again the drivers side broke (second time on this side). It was replaced at 17k miles (I am the OP in the thread). Now we are just out of warranty and it is broken again. @JeepCares is there anything you can do about it now that the vehicle is out of warranty? Or do I have to pay out of pocket for your garbage part.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Third time with this issue. Once again the drivers side broke (second time on this side). It was replaced at 17k miles (I am the OP in the thread). Now we are just out of warranty and it is broken again. @JeepCares is there anything you can do about it now that the vehicle is out of warranty? Or do I have to pay out of pocket for your garbage part.
Send our team a private message and we can certainly look into your concerns further!

Kate
Jeep Cares

The BM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@JeepCares add another victim. 2019 JLU rubicon. Normal use for visor. At this point, you should feel obligated to upgrade/recall the visors. Now I have to coordinate with my steelership to see how many hours of crap I will have to deal with to get this fixed. Guaranteed they won’t offer a rental, won’t have part in stock, will have the Jeep at least 3 times the quoted time to fix, and will have to miss at least six hours of work to wait on it. Frustrating the design is so crappy.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
@JeepCares add another victim. 2019 JLU rubicon. Normal use for visor. At this point, you should feel obligated to upgrade/recall the visors. Now I have to coordinate with my steelership to see how many hours of crap I will have to deal with to get this fixed. Guaranteed they won’t offer a rental, won’t have part in stock, will have the Jeep at least 3 times the quoted time to fix, and will have to miss at least six hours of work to wait on it. Frustrating the design is so crappy.
Yep, the design is pathetic, but luckily it's a simple & cheap fix. Our "fixed" visor is going strong for about 2 years since I fixed it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If you need additional assistance while at the dealer for repairs to this component, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Bee-Rad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Well, my 2nd driver side visor (dealer replacement) just broke today.

The original one broke in February 2020, and the passenger side broke shortly after that. I had the dealer replace the driver side and I did the repair using a 5/16" push nut on the passenger side.

Passenger side is still holding strong, so I'm going to do that instead of messing with the **** dealership.

rcliff1

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 tj, 2014 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F350 Dually, 2020 Diesel Rubicon on order
Mine broke a couple weeks ago. Haven't made it to the dealer yet. 32k miles. Seems to be a poor design from jeep.

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed mine were broken this morning. I cant ever remember turning them to the side, only flippling down to undo the top, but i turned them this morning and they were both dangling. 2019 with 19k miles. I'll be taking it to the dealer, unfortunately i will also have another warranty issue addressed concurrently for the hinge paint:facepalm:

eric.frederich

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubicon
Great... I'm outside of 36 months on my 2018.
Driver's side just broke. What does it cost to repair?
Sponsored