Sponsored

Sun Visor Broken

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello Courtney,

Thank you for the response. I came to this forum when my visor 1st broke and again when I started getting frustrated with the dealership. And saw that Jeep Cares seemed to be an option. So I have reached out to Jeep Care and have an open case with you. However, we are no further along than getting conflicting information now between the dealership and Jeep Cares and my case constantly being closed on your end. The part is on a forever on back order with no end in sight. COVID 19 is not an acceptable answer for why this part is not available under warranty as this has been an issue based upon these forum reviews since before COVID 19; it has been an issue since the redesign in 2018. This is a safety issue waiting to happen on Jeeps end, as my driver side sun visor broke while driving and it completely fell within my line of sight and blocking my view of the road while driving and trying to get it back in place at the same time as driving. This part has been on order since the beginning of November with the dealership and a case open with Jeep Care since the middle of December with no foreseeable answer on fixing the problem. I am not hopeful for the warranty on Jeeps end at this point.

Samantha Glaser
Hi Samantha,

Thanks for the response. I apologize for the experience you had in the past, however, I would be more than happy to review possible resolutions for your situation. Do you mind sending our team a private message with your current mileage & VIN so we can look into your account further? Thanks!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

bgbrownla

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Same thing with my 2020 Gladiator. Took mine to the dealership about 6 weeks ago and was told the part was on backorder. Havenā€™t head a thing since. Seems this could be a major safety issues. Hope to hear something soon.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
15 pages! Lol! Guys, they did a lot of things right with the JL and itā€™s absolutely a better rig than the JKs. Just remember that. But yeah, Iā€™ve had both my sun visors, at different times get repaired by dealership under warranty. One required a part and the other didnā€™t. Mines a 19.

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I have had both of mine replaced. Awesome engineering--this the only vehicle I have owned in over 50 years that EVER had a sun visor failure.

Sponsored

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
Thanks for this thread - will be trying this fix as soon as the Amazon truck shows up with the parts...

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Sweet Jesus, 15 pages?!? This just happened to me and I thought it was as simple as tightening a few screws to fix. Good thing I have an appointment next week for other things...

TACIXAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door
Another one down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken visor

Freeway turned to face some sun, then I had a visor in my hand. What's the deal with the warranties? I probably have driven too much.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s kinda funny. My 2020 JLUS had both visors fail. The Jeep was totaled 3 weeks ago. I have a new 2021 JLUR and every time I go to use the visor Iā€™m so hesitant. Iā€™m just ready for it to brake. I have sun visor phobia Now.

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Sport running 33s hanging with Rubis running 37s all week and the only thing I broke was my driver sun visor. šŸ™ˆ

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken 297AA1FE-5E85-4880-AE34-601375BCE64E

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun Visor Broken 0269BB50-007B-49EC-AE10-224E65E1F9B5

TTraut

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2015 Audi S3,
Just bought a 2019 JLUR with 6800 miles on it. Yes, the drivers side sun visor is broken. Taking it to the dealership for a check engine light and will ask for the sun visor to be repaired as well. We will see...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just bought a 2019 JLUR with 6800 miles on it. Yes, the drivers side sun visor is broken. Taking it to the dealership for a check engine light and will ask for the sun visor to be repaired as well. We will see...
They'll replace it more than likely, but even more likely, it will break again :)
Crazy that something so simple as sun visor retention has perplexed the Jeep design team, and they refuse to actually fix this! :(

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Anyone that has been pricing various "sore points" parts for our JLs has seen that FCA has lowered the price of these parts dramatically. These visors have been lowered as well. That's honorable of FCA, but they still need a revised part.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Brought mine in today and dealer will have the replacement visor ready for install tomorrow.

Service rep said theyā€™ve seen a lot break but hasnā€™t seen any replacements break so I wonder if there was a redesign. He also mentioned FCA mothership put the kibosh on them ordering visors for stock.

As an aside, got a free car wash and picked up a pint of power steering fluid for $20. They wanted $60 for a cabin air filter!
Sponsored