Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@jludave i agree, my Spiderwebshade JLKini fits well but there are no latch cutoffs for the Sunrider clasps so I have to kind of stretch the material back to get my hands in there to flip the handles, retractable would be perfect but seems like no one makes one and Bestop has one for the JK but not the JL
Sponsored

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the picture.

So you removed the Sunrider to install the shade. Therein lies the problem. How are your door rails sitting with the shade installed? It looks like the back strap in the 2nd picture you posted is under the door rail. Is the rail bolted down over the strap? If so, thatā€™s a no go.

From all of my tests with various shades and grab handles, thereā€™s no room in that area for anything, unless the door rail sits on top of it and thatā€™s not how they are supposed to be installed.

I even have the same GPCA grab handles. I had to fold over the rear part, that points towards the back, so that the overall width of the handle fits in the gap left once the door rail is installed.
I don't remember the rail sitting on any straps, but there isn't tons of room between the straps and the rails. I had to do the same as you for the GPCA grab handle. The extra fabric had to be tucked under to fit. I also have a side sun visor attached, coming from my JK. I wasn't able to install it as is on my JL. I added some velcro under to get some grip on the sport bar and some to increase the length of the actual strap. All in all, it probably looks worst than it actually is.

Tightening the straps had to be easier with the rail off, but the main reason I had to remove the sunrider was to install the rear portion of the sunshade. The part I highlighted in yellow goes between the hardtop and the sound bar. Now that I think of it, I also had to unscrew the hardtop to lift the top.

Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shade b917e6_83fd2b647dea43dab64a76a59f8c5434_mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2

In any case, its raining today on my end and it's supposed to snow tomorrow šŸ˜ (gotta love spring in eastern Canada...). If you still have questions, I'll be limited for the next few days in what I can check.

Cheers.

KnightWrangler22

First Name
Lukas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, Premium soft top
I think you can order it with or without access holes. I'm pretty sure I ordered with the holes. I'll post pictures when I get it.
random question, do you have the JKU mats in your JLU?

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
Follow up on those asking about OEM grab handles with JTOPS. I put the hardtop back on and if you have the front two JTOP straps overlaying the grab handles as I showed in earlier picks they just barely clear freedom tops when installed.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sun shade b917e6_83fd2b647dea43dab64a76a59f8c5434_mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2
Do you have any issues running this shade on the highway with the Mopar grab handles in the front or back ? I really like the JTops but the website said this top doesnā€™t fit with the Mopar handles but then I came across your responses

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR ER, 2008 JKU Sahara, 2023 Yukon XL,
Do you have any issues running this shade on the highway with the Mopar grab handles in the front or back ? I really like the JTops but the website said this top doesnā€™t fit with the Mopar handles but then I came across your responses
I was able to make it work and I have no issues with the hard top off. Itā€™s fine on the highway. You just have a couple of the JTops straps that overlay the mopar grab handle mounting locations.

Sponsored

Hydro Nat

First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I was able to make it work and I have no issues with the hard top off. Itā€™s fine on the highway. You just have a couple of the JTops straps that overlay the mopar grab handle mounting locations.
[/QUOTE
I installed the Jtops full shade just last night and I do have the OEM grab handles. While not ideal as the first two straps line up with the grab handles it does work. The Jtops is a really nice sunshade. Install was easy. I would highly recommend. I like that it stays above the roll cage to main headroom over some of the other options too.
What cargo mat are you using? I appreciate your help about the Jtops. I just need to buy it already šŸ™‚ I was really hoping for a Memorial Day sale!

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What cargo mat are you using? I appreciate your help about the Jtops. I just need to buy it already šŸ™‚ I was really hoping for a Memorial Day sale!
Quadratecā€™s cargo mat. I have one in my JKU and the JLU. They work great.
Yea I was there once.

Boywonder1973

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUSS MOJITO
Is the Jtop easy to remove when you wanna go topless? Iā€™m considering this as a poor mans softtop. Somewhat water resistant ?

JJsJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the Jtop easy to remove when you wanna go topless? Iā€™m considering this as a poor mans softtop. Somewhat water resistant ?
Yes itā€™s easy to remove but not sure itā€™s water resistant. Certainly better than nothing if your driving but parked I donā€™t think it would help much.
Sponsored