Sponsored

Suggested Mods for Expectant Father?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I failed to mention that we got a couple of sunshades for the back windows. I think those will come in handy for sure.
They are worthless, constantly falling off. Not worth the trouble.

Your best bet is to get the windows professionally tinted which will add UV protection and heat rejection that the stock tint doesn’t offer.

Put the car seat in the middle and you won’t lose much front seat room. The four door is just fine for one kid and car seat, it gets really tight with two.
Sponsored

Springtail

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1977 FJ40, (RestoMod), 2018 Camaro SS Convertible, 2020 Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
Co-Owner Springtail LLC

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sheer volume of stuff needed... a rack for sure else load bars and a lockable Thule/Yakima to provide semi secure storage on a hardtop. Diaper bag, stroller, supplemental crap for longer stays: travel crib thingy, jumpers, walkers etc as they get older.
Most of that stuff tends to be a bit bulky, a good size roof box might be useful. My two are older and way past that stage and we now have to fit friends and soccer crap. Fortunately my LOD rear carrier is just the right amount of extra room but for infant-toddler unfortunately the wrangler will be limited without adding some bulky storage options. I am not advocating for mindless I device use HOWEVER with our youngest my wife had this DVD “meet the sight words” which was painful to listen to BUT both kept my son entertained and perhaps most importantly had him reading well before expected. I’d advocate for some type of controllable edutainment option ideas as in very short time it will be needed.

congratulations and good luck! Welcome to your full fledged membership of the brotherhood of stupidity! JK!

one thing I always advise new parents-and something my wife and I did - before the big day self interview, include interviews with important family members and have that video for later in life for your child to review. This affords you’re child an opportunity to avoid the “when I was your age” and instead experience a firsthand recount of actual events as you are going though them.

good luck, best wishes and God bless!

carpenike

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
We use the diono car seats. A little pricy but comfy, safe, and slim enough to fit three across.
We had 3 of these in an MDX. Tight but works. Also took one on an international plane ride. Fellow passengers gave me dirty looks when I was dragging it onto the plane but it worked.

hannah

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brown Toyota
Your car seat with the base is going to hit the back f the passenger seat. Make sure to either get a seat that's going to fit or protect the back of the seat somehow.
This probably already came up in your research OP, but just in case, the back of the infant seat usually cannot touch the back of the front seat. Unfortunately this guideline limits your legroom in the front seat even more.

Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We had 3 of these in an MDX. Tight but works. Also took one on an international plane ride. Fellow passengers gave me dirty looks when I was dragging it onto the plane but it worked.
We use these fantastic critters when we fly with the Littles. Cheap. Packs light. Keeps the kid safe...and even if they are screaming they can't get loose.

B0146C74-1F5D-421D-96E9-36B9871A68B7.png

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

My wife and I are expecting our first in the new year. Outside of the baby's car seat + base, seat protector/cover, and mirror, are there any internal modifications that you all would recommend to make life easier with a newborn/infant? Fortunately we have a JLU Sahara with the extra space over the two door. I am thinking a rear cargo shelf or other cargo organization mods might be useful. Thoughts?[/
upload_2019-10-28_16-20-46.jpeg

RatherDashing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I second the food thing. One of our kids dropped a sippy cup of milk, and it went unnoticed under a seat, leaking. The smell and the mold were terrible. When were finally got rid of that rig last year, it was so destroyed with melted crayons and crumbs, the dealer thought they were getting a bargain, but the detailing bill would have been double the value of the car. There is no food or drink (water ok) in daddy's jeep.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Full netting. In case Junior gets loose.

image.png

Reactions: VNT

Sponsored

FamilyJeeper10

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Grand Cherokee L
My wife and I are expecting our first in the new year. Outside of the baby's car seat + base, seat protector/cover, and mirror, are there any internal modifications that you all would recommend to make life easier with a newborn/infant? Fortunately we have a JLU Sahara with the extra space over the two door. I am thinking a rear cargo shelf or other cargo organization mods might be useful. Thoughts?[/QUOTE

So my 2 cents on this is this, no two people are the same and that goes for vehicles. My wife and I have a 2 year old girl and she absolutely loves being in the Jeep. She sits in the middle and yes I take the back doors and drive around with her. ( typically no highway). The first thing I bought was the Alien Sunshade for anytime we take the top off. This is a great way to limit the exposer of UV rays.
We have a slim fit car seat but still one that will grow with her. I hosnetly have not had an issue with space. That’s with keeping the freedom panels in the back and always having a carriage. Of course this won’t be like having a roomy SUV or crossover, so yea you definitely give up space or some amenities but heck your driving the greatest vehicle around.

P.S. Congrats

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe